★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

mraw112

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread!

AWD? Did you secretly complete turboav6's idea of the first all-trac accord? Looks fun man. Are you using a boost controller, or running just the wastegate spring? If you want to turn up the boost, then I would suggest getting/making a manual boost controller, rather than getting a heavier wastegate spring. MBC's let you spool faster, and you can always turn the boost down. Also get used to the turbo before taking it on spirited drives on twisty roads. Unexpected surges of torque in the middle of a turn=bad.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score

Looks good man, next time speed somewhere else though. I was just waiting for a car to come off of a side street and slam into you.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Hahaha awd.. Yeah I had an NXS boost controller, but it fell apart because I forgot to tighten the nut lol. Now I am running a 'tweak' temprorarily. It's a tee fitting with a certain size hole in place of the boost controller. It keeps it directly at 7 psi, so really at 6 since my gauge is off by just a tad.
Underboosting a little, but it's safe.

Drift

Reaction score

Your motor was probably on the verge of melt down by the end of that pull. :run:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Not sure how I can tell, but with what I could judge it was okay:

Oil: 60-70 PSI
A/F: 11.9-12.4
Engine Temp: Within normal limits using stock temperature gauge that works.
Boost: 6 PSI

The only problem was that the coupler blew off since the edge wasn't beaded.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

9psi should see around 250whp..should be nice. I rode in an semi modded Neon Srt-4 yest with 255whp and id be happy if mine felt that way..haha

also just curious what size is your turbo? and when do you hit fill boost? around 4-4.5k?

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Turbonetics 57 trim.

Hit boost around 3.5k.

For some reason now though, it hits much later as late as 4k-4.2k.. Then it thrusts and rips. It seems unusual to me compared to before. All gauge readings are within normal limits, and oil level is normal. I don't know what could be causing the change.. boost isn't spiking because it goes no higher than 6.5 psi.

Seems like something is hindering it hitting boost, but then once it hits it hits, if that makes sense?

Weird..

Last edited:
Back