1BAD6's Skyline Gray Paint and Bodywork Thread! New pics pg9!!!

9450erick

Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Skyline Gray Paint and Bodywork Thread!!

love the color and good thing you changed out the rear bumper/ bodykit one looks horrible.
what is that kit made out of, cause i know some are super weak and i would suck if you spent all that time/ money and destroyed that front bumper.

1bad6

Reaction score

i'm always down for functionality, which is why i said the cf hood is fine.. but i still don't understand how u can claim the wing and fenders to be functional?

The fender and spoiler are sporty...that's the function. They're certainly NOT OEM...thank goodness.

It is YOUR Accord, you have every right to do whatever you want to it to make it stand out from every other accord if you so wish.
Looks great so far can't wait to see it when it's all done!

A man after my own heart...I COMPLETELY agree!

Not even going to lie, I saved the link/pic of that Skyline for future potential paint colour reference. Great choice!

Done's that I approve:
1. Paint
2. hood
3. body work

Done's that I don't:
1. Fenders
2. Body Kit
3. Spoiler

Had been able to source an OEM kit, I think you would have been much happier with how it looked, even if you went with the OEM spoiler, it would be been a much cleaner look.

Of course, you are going to do what you like, so hope it turns out the way you want it.

It's hard to win any car shows with an OEM looking car. I don't think I'll ever understand why someone would go through the trouble to install, modify, and paint a kit only for it to look stock...you could just leave just as it came from the factory. I'm not a fan of my Accord looking like the grocery hauling, child seat toting, family vehicle that Honda designed...if that's your preference, so be it. My car's function has COMPLETELY changed from the OEM's Accord. Overall, I've spent about twice as much as I paid for the car in upgrades...so to me, it should look like it. Not everyone's a fan of a car that doesn't look like it just left the Honda factory, but I'm not a fan most OEM looking things either. If Honda had designed a perfect Accord, no one would be installing new wheels and turbos...we'd all just drive cars that look pretty much like every other Accord.

The color choice is great...

How much actual research did you do before picking out the exterior options? I totally agree that you shouldn't go with the OEM or sleeper look, but do you really think that was the best front bumper option? I don't think a single accord has pulled off that spoiler yet, not even the Accord Type R...

I think the BlackWidow2 (which is now defunct, but the replicas still exist...Roger's carbon fiber version seen below) spoiler would have been the best choice...definitely far from OEM, but sleek and aggressive for a car with power like yours.

4244281529_0270f9d4b4_o.jpg

Also, are you painting the ViS Invader carbon fiber hood completely, partially, or not at all?

When you get a chance, please take some pics of your sideskirts installed with the doors open. I'd love to see how Wesley fitted those skirts in the door sill area. Thanks in advance.

The hood will be partially painted. Once the skirts are done, I'll post completed pics.

1bad6

Reaction score

love the color and good thing you changed out the rear bumper/ bodykit one looks horrible.
what is that kit made out of, cause i know some are super weak and i would suck if you spent all that time/ money and destroyed that front bumper.

The front bumper is made of Urethane...the rest is fiberglass.

Paint looks great!

Thanks!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Great choice on paint, a very sleek color indeed. Car is coming together beautifully, and as long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Keep up the good work.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

what is the paint code for the skyline? it's pretty

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

looked like they did a great job... a couple things i would have gone a different route on:

1. OEM CF hood (but i guess ur hood is actually functional lol)
2. lose the wing
3. blackhoused headlights with retros
4. OEM fenders

this :thumbup:

1bad6

Reaction score
Back