jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: consuming too Much oil !!!

Well im using 10w40 now i topped it off it was 5w30 before ...feels sluggish

never mix your oil. you should have drained the 5w30 first before putting the other stuff in.

but 10w40 is pretty thick.. seeing how Honda recommends 5w20 for our cars.

OP what brand of oil do you use? and did you change your filter and also "flush" out all the old oil before refilling it with new?

accord786

Reaction score

I use castrol !!! I didnt change filter i will just get a full oil change with 5w30 and add sum lucas to stop from burning because 10w40 is not giving me performance its slowing the engine down !!!

SomethingRandom

Reaction score

I use castrol !!! I didnt change filter i will just get a full oil change with 5w30 and add sum lucas to stop from burning because 10w40 is not giving me performance its slowing the engine down !!!

Not going to lie, I cringed a little, ALWAYS change your filter, its why your oil is so black after 500miles, what kind is it by chance? if its one of those Fram ones, well, just get it off, do a change, and put a K&N one on, more expensive, but they work far better and last longer.

Knowing I had to wait 8 months between changes (student, living in an apartment complex -w- no f**king space in the lot) I decided to spend 100$ on 6qts of Mobil 1 synth, high mileage (****s good for 20,000kms) and the K&N filter, still looks fairly clean after 7 months and probably 10k.

Yea, I know, I'm waxing rhapsodic about oil.... so shoot me.

Back