5-lug swap with TL/CL knuckles?

Nismode

Reaction score
I'm new to doing 5lug conversion but i have a 99 Accord EX 4cyl disc all around and i was told that if you change the wheel hub from 4lug to 5lug and rotors without changing the calipers that everything will fit. Is this true

Hmm looks like that'll be the option I'll be going to. Seems to be the easiest/cheapest option, and I still keep my F/R rotor and caliper sizes from the 4 cyl.

But don't you need a tool of some sort to take the hubs from off an AV6/TL/CL, and some sort of presser to put the new hubs on to the 4-cyl (after you pry them off somehow?)

efcivicturbo

Reaction score
If you have an lx just change everything over, if you have an ex all you need is the v6 accord rear rotors, other then that the rears are the same..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm looks like that'll be the option I'll be going to. Seems to be the easiest/cheapest option, and I still keep my F/R rotor and caliper sizes from the 4 cyl.

But don't you need a tool of some sort to take the hubs from off an AV6/TL/CL, and some sort of presser to put the new hubs on to the 4-cyl (after you pry them off somehow?)

Yes, you'll have to get the hubs pressed off and new bearings pressed in if you do it that way.

If you have an lx just change everything over, if you have an ex all you need is the v6 accord rear rotors, other then that the rears are the same..

You still have to get the front rotors too. Last I checked, the v6 and 4cyl front calipers were indeed, different.

Nismode

Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to get the hubs pressed off and new bearings pressed in if you do it that way.

You still have to get the front rotors too. Last I checked, the v6 and 4cyl front calipers were indeed, different.
What tool do I need for that? Would I be able to press off the hubs for myself if I were to go to a junkyard? I have an EX 4-cyl.

And bearings? Huh (Sorry, I'm a noob)

drey

Reaction score
edit: nevermind

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
since when do you need to get hubs pressed out? ... you don't need a press/puller to take off the hubs at the j yard ... they come off with the bearing, if anything it's the bearing pressed out ... if that

why not just re-use the bearings?

p.s. x2 on the front caliper being different on v6 and i4

Artistotle

Reaction score
But TL and CL's have bigger rotors than even the v6 accords. so whats with all this talk of reusing calipers? wouldn't you need to use acura calipers too to make the most of your new larger rotors? should be a nice upgrade btw. or if you really wanna go big....3rd gen TL type S brembo's would be SOOOOO sweet.

Back