Accord Needs A Trip To E.R :(

JonWiLL

Reaction score
So today im about to turn onto my street and an ahole comes speeding right behind me and clips the backend of my accord pretty hard. Family was rushed when to hospital, it just a mess. im heartbroken right now lol, the backend is effd, the other car hit the right rear wheel, basically lifted my car. as of right now i am certain that i have suspension damage, need new trunk, bumper, tail lights, complete muffler system and my trans is effed, i heard something loud from under there as soon as i put it in gear to move it to side after police came. and d4 isnt lighting up. im pretty sure they are gunna total it. I dont wanna loose it tho, being the fact i put almost 1000 in parts last month, car ran perfect and I just spent couple hours detailing it in 90 degree weather. I dont know what the insurance is gunna do but i wanna keep it. what do you guys think i should do? i only have liability insurance and i dont know about the other guy.

2010-07-21164932.jpg

100_2987.jpg

100_2983.jpg

acedomain

Reaction score
what an a**hole....hopefully it looks worse than what it is ...best of luck to you and hope your family is ok

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
That's horrible, I hope you and your family are ok and everything gets taken care of. If you had liability and the other person did this to you and is at fault, either settle with them or call their insurance and request an inspector to come assess the damage. It doesn't matter if you have liability coverage, but if the other person has any coverage, their insurance should cover it if the inspector does his job correctly and files the paperwork properly. Start a claim, and then wait a month for settlement as cash, or required repair. If it's totaled I'm not sure what can compensate with that, but I'd talk to your insurance agent about it.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Sucks! That's one of my worst fears (knock on wood) getting rear ended. I've been close on freeways here more than once.

On the bright side, looks repairable man... I've seen worse fixed (IcyAccord) get their insurance to total loss it and let you keep it. I'm sure you'll still come up if it's not too bad.

Glad everyone's ok - Good luck!

ericthecheat

Reaction score
Insurance will probably total it due to the tranny and bodywork. They might make you buy back the car if you really want it but if the settlement is nice, go buy a 5-speed accord :)

JonWiLL

Reaction score
thanks guys, everyone is alright thats the main part. for the car i was thinking if they totaled it, i would buy it back. since its gonna be off the road for a while, im gunna get the rear end fixed, repaint whole car jet black, a 5 lug conversion since i already have suspension damage and a 5 speed swap.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
part out? i need those stockers

Never takes long sometimes does it.....:eusa_doh:

Glad to hear everyone is ok, I'm sure that could have been a lot worse.

You don't seem to be at fault given the scenario you explained, so hopefully that and the coverage you have will work in your favour.

Keep us posted.

00accord91

Reaction score
damn son goodluck with everything....that was a good *** detail job that paint was lookin good too smh

Back