car shutting off prob

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
So about two weeks ago i changed my battery because it was time for a new since then my cars shut off on my twice after coming to a complete stop and taking off again. my fog lites arent workin anymore & my radio starting acting up, all my fuses are fine, havent been able to check anything else cause of the weather. any troubleshooting ideas guys ?

jdm00accord

Reaction score
i had troubles with my old 6th gen sedan. i had to keep it over 1500rpm or it would shut off. turned out to be bad gas, just needed a couple bottles of chevron techron fuel cleaner and that solved it. might be worth a shot.

truWarier02

Reaction score
That used to happen to me a lot but I changed my battery a couple months ago and it's happened twice.. it usually happens when I don't give it enough gas and I let go of the pedal at like 1.5rpm and it would should down and all the lights on the gauges would come on and my steering wheel would be stuck.

Then I would have to come to a complete stop.. put it back on Park and start up the car again and it'll be okay. Pretty dangerous but "good thing" it only happens when I'm going like 5mph or less.

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
That used to happen to me a lot but I changed my battery a couple months ago and it's happened twice.. it usually happens when I don't give it enough gas and I let go of the pedal at like 1.5rpm and it would should down and all the lights on the gauges would come on and my steering wheel would be stuck.

Then I would have to come to a complete stop.. put it back on Park and start up the car again and it'll be okay. Pretty dangerous but "good thing" it only happens when I'm going like 5mph or less.

yea its basically the same thing, i never had this problem before and the old battery was almost dead... maybe i'll try out that fuel cleaner thing

jdm00accord

Reaction score
yea its basically the same thing, i never had this problem before and the old battery was almost dead... maybe i'll try out that fuel cleaner thing

worth a shot atleast i think. and if you cant think of anything else that works just take it to the shop.

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
nope no cel, alternator is fine, battery is fine & starter amp is low with ok voltage. i had advance auto run a batt test n those were the results.

cajun

Reaction score
There was recall on the ignition switch (engine kills at random) for the earlier 6thGens. You might want to check that.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
maybe the ignition im thinking its a fuel or plug problem since the car runs off the alt once its runnin....if the car starts to die if you press the gas will it stay one and rev up?

Back