Clutch problem - urgent!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
If there aren't any leaks at the slave/master cylinder, or in the line (specifically at the connection to the slave/master) then the only thing left is air in the system, which can happen alot, and that's an easy fix, just bleed the system.

Keep us posted and ill help as i can!

pattywak

Reaction score
If there aren't any leaks at the slave/master cylinder, or in the line (specifically at the connection to the slave/master) then the only thing left is air in the system, which can happen alot, and that's an easy fix, just bleed the system.

Keep us posted and ill help as i can!

Alright, thank you all for our quick responses! :rock: I have classes all day today, so tomorrow I will be checking the car out. And I'm relived it sounds like it isn't something like my clutch going out. Whew...

pattywak

Reaction score
Well, I have been very busy with school and tonight the clutch became worse than it has before. It lost pressure completely twice while I was pulling in and backing out of a parking spot, and the pressure was pretty weak while I was driving. I checked the slave and master cylinders again for leaks, and there is a small leak that has developed recently right behind the reservoir where the line connects to it. Would it be a master cylinder or a slave cylinder that I need to replace? or both? Is there a way of checking which one exactly would be the culprit? I'm looking at ordering the parts tomorrow at the latest with priority shipping so I can get this taken care of. :rock:

Edit: The leak is on part number 11 on this diagram, the clutch hose, where it connects to the reservoir. It has developed only recently, and there is fluid on only about an inch of the hose.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...atcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CLUTCH+MASTER+CYLINDER

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Easy fix, replace the hose and have someone pump the clutch while you bleed the system. If you dont know how to bleed brakes or a clutch. Look online, its all over.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Don't forget to check where the pedal connects to the master cylinder inside your car. The fluid can leak from the plunger and make a beautiful little mess under your carpet.

When bleeding the clutch system make sure you have a rubber hose connected to the bleeder screw and going into a container containing brake fluid (yes brake fluid is what goes in the clutch master cylinder resevoir) this will prevent air from entering back into the system.

If you happen to have to replace your master cylinder its always a good idea to bench bleed it before installing or you can tear the seals by pumping dry. If you need help let me know and ill give direction on how to do it.

There are few things more terrifying than losing clutch pressure. If your driving and lose pressure you could always rev match your up shifts and down shifts to get you to a safe place ( this is how truckers drive their trucks on a regular basis, clutches are only used for starting and stopping)

Be careful and let us know what happens.

pattywak

Reaction score
Easy fix, replace the hose and have someone pump the clutch while you bleed the system. If you dont know how to bleed brakes or a clutch. Look online, its all over.

I don't think it's just the hose, since I have been having this problem for a while and the leak only started very recently.

Don't forget to check where the pedal connects to the master cylinder inside your car. The fluid can leak from the plunger and make a beautiful little mess under your carpet.

When bleeding the clutch system make sure you have a rubber hose connected to the bleeder screw and going into a container containing brake fluid (yes brake fluid is what goes in the clutch master cylinder resevoir) this will prevent air from entering back into the system.

If you happen to have to replace your master cylinder its always a good idea to bench bleed it before installing or you can tear the seals by pumping dry. If you need help let me know and ill give direction on how to do it.

There are few things more terrifying than losing clutch pressure. If your driving and lose pressure you could always rev match your up shifts and down shifts to get you to a safe place ( this is how truckers drive their trucks on a regular basis, clutches are only used for starting and stopping)

Yeah, I had to drive about 3 miles home from a friends tonight and I was worried about it....I had a friend follow me home though. What is this bench bleeding you are talking about?

CanadianEh48

Reaction score

you cant quite do it exactly like the big rig truckers do, as they dont have synchronized transmissions.

Back