DIY Prothane Motor Mount Inserts!!

BostonAndy

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say perfectly, but they fit.

Thanks for the DIY Totalimmortal and BlkCurrantKord. I had a tear in my fround mount and decided to try this DIY instead of replacing the mount, as you said the mounts to the sub frame were really stuck. Getting the through bolt off was the hardest part, no room to turn a ratchet down there. If I had air tools, it would have been pretty easy though. It was tough to get the bracket back over the inserts, I used a c-clamp to squeze the inserts tight, that really helped me get the bracket back over them.

I fell the vibration in the wheel at idle, but the car deffinatley feels a lot smoother under acceleration and on the highway.

BostonAndy

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my insert.
DSCN3096.jpg

Tiggu

Reaction score
i am sorry to bump this up, but i have a v6 and my mounts are busted. Can someone tell me if this works for the V6 ?

any help would be great thanks

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Research V6 5thgen mounts, and if you can get polyurethane inserts for those to work on the 6thgen mounts. Call up some places, do some searching.

Robert Troncoso

Reaction score
Found the kit on Summit Racing for around 33 bucks and some change shipped. This might be the next mod I do

Back