DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Basically, plus/minus some trial and error and physical differences. Unplug your battery before making/terminating any connections. Then plug it in and test the result. I don't recommend running the whole fog light kit off of the running lights, find a more stable power source such as underneath your steering wheel column - a power source which is only active after you put your key in and turn it to accessory or start.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i knw this is for civic fogs but was reading along becaus alot of it applies im doin this from scratch(tons of wire at home) i need to clearify a few things

in image is the way im thinkn it shld be set up power source from battery with a in line fuse 15 or 20 not sure, going to switch, as activated the switch will run power to fogs but what im unsure of is how they will turn off when the lights are off, i feel like this was answered but yea missed it ii guess
g6fogs.jpg

conculsion
is this a correct set-up, how will it turn off with lights, and wat size fuse is neccasary,,

4door accord02

Reaction score
Basically, plus/minus some trial and error and physical differences. Unplug your battery before making/terminating any connections. Then plug it in and test the result. I don't recommend running the whole fog light kit off of the running lights, find a more stable power source such as underneath your steering wheel column - a power source which is only active after you put your key in and turn it to accessory or start.

ok as in which power source from underneath steering column?.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't know exacty you'd have to look at Honda wiring diagrams, but it's one which is only active after you put your key in and turn it to accessory or start.

4door accord02

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy the 01 civic fog harness itself and the accord fog switch?
not having luck with ebay and oem switch at my local honda says there discontinued.:huh:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
^i was curious if this was a good plan of attack, before i had to, if i had to tinker with it

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy the 01 civic fog harness itself and the accord fog switch?
not having luck with ebay and oem switch at my local honda says there discontinued.:huh:

Accord Fog Switch

I might have a Civic harness in my closet of random crap... The first pair of fogs I ordered had no hardware which wasn't a big deal but they sent me out a whole new set the next day.

Back