DIY: V6 Hood Damper Installation for 4cyls. (hood struts, lifts, shocks)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I did mine the same way:

img6890dt7.jpg

img6892tj5.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Time to revive this thread, and inquire about suggestions for fastening the dampers to a CF hood.. One that has no pre-cut holes on it.

EDIT: I believe that mounting point for hood bracket should be not on the side of hood, as we are used to, but at the bottom - on one of the bolts that hold the hood on. This allows for a smaller angle, thus more pressure on the regular V6 shocks and also results in no pressure being put on the CF on the actual hood.

Last edited:

xmsleepr

Reaction score
Time to revive this thread, and inquire about suggestions for fastening the dampers to a CF hood.. One that has no pre-cut holes on it.

EDIT: I believe that mounting point for hood bracket should be not on the side of hood, as we are used to, but at the bottom - on one of the bolts that hold the hood on. This allows for a smaller angle, thus more pressure on the regular V6 shocks and also results in no pressure being put on the CF on the actual hood.

you might just need ONE shock for the much lighter CF hood maybe that will do it ;)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the dampers need to be installed at this angle, as opposed to their stock install location:

Redline-3GEclipse.gif

top_side_view1.jpg

Custom brackets may need to be fabbed for OEM struts, but the cheap-o eBay ones will probably come with them. This angle/method is just for CF hoods.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
funny cause i came from the JY a couple days ago with some hood struts, got to my car thinking im about to be all badass wit my hood struts only to find out the i4 doesnt have the little ball pins..:Boo: go figure but ill try this can you get all the stuff needed at home depot?

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
funny cause i came from the JY a couple days ago with some hood struts, got to my car thinking im about to be all badass wit my hood struts only to find out the i4 doesnt have the little ball pins..:Boo: go figure but ill try this can you get all the stuff needed at home depot?
Yes you can find the mount brace and mending plate at home depot.

Ill be doing this to.

Back