donpisto's '01 Accord sedan complete build

donpisto

Reaction score
I hit this sorta truck

700863_2001_isuzu_ftr_diesel_24_foot_box_truck_with_fold_away_lift_gate_bb.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score
I've been getting mixed reviews about the tail lights, which is fine by me. I got them for my own joy not others. If people like them, great, if not, no worries.

I for one don't like em but i hear about doin for yourself and not others. I have the same attitude. The coilovers gave a sick drop, how do they ride and how much were they?

Sux about the accident man. Went through all the pages didn't read the text though. Seems a bit overkill on the sound deadener....but props to you puttin in all that work. Hope the car either gets fixed or replaced and you continue so you can see the finished product of your hard work.

donpisto

Reaction score
I loved the coil over dampers...you could adjust it to 32 positions on each side front and back, though I only did the front. on the stiffest ride you could feel pretty much all the bumps but I sorta liked the feeling, wasnt real jumpy. on the softest setting it was a smooth ride, unless you get on a horrible highway or street. It cost me roughly 1100 installed.

As for the deadening, there is never too much in my opinion, in fact, I needed more. It was raining yesterday and I really heard it on the roof, so I would have done that, but I heard nothing on the hood. Doing the wheel wells really reduced road noise. Think of driving your 6th gen and then hopping into a BMW, thats how noticeable the difference was. Plus with 4,000 underrated watts and a lil over 250 sq. ft. of cone area it flexes some major panels. I would love to have done more deadening but I didnt want to put the money into it.

nexTOme

Reaction score
holy crap.......i had no idea you were going all out with your audio.........

it would have been super nice if you were able to finish it......wow!

thank God, you're ok man....hopefully you dont find out injuries after several days.....cuz i didnt find out about my fractured rib till next day from my accident.....

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident bro. But you put a lot of attention into details which was bad ***. I actually gave up on reading it after 2 pages.The pictures just took to much time to load.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
damn bro, amazing write up, this will definetly help a lot of the audio guys, and i am really sorry to hear about the accident, hopefully it is not total loss

Reaction score
don, how did you change your background on the head unit to that sweet *** honda one...and whered you find that honda one? i tried the disc thing like the instructions say but it never works

silverbullet2k7

Reaction score
i was actualy looking foward to this project..kept reading it everyday...:(..thankg god your ok..hopefully can start a new project and continue what you started

Back