F23A1 Bisimoto Level 2 Camshaft Independent Test

AFAccord

Reaction score
So, the cam is finally tuned! Just a street tune at this point, but it definately has an effect on the butt dyno.

At lower rpm (below 2.5Krpm) it feels pretty lethargic, but after VTEC engages at 2.5k it picks up nicely. Around 4900rpm the power band picks up quite a bit and the car strides forward, but by 5700rpm I ran into a problem. The powerband just dies around 5700rpm, and plateus all the way till redline at 6900rpm.

My tuner and I went over a few time-plot graphs on the laptop after the WOT runs and noticed that the car starts drawing vacuum at 5600rpm all the way to redline. I'm taking this as the stock IM and TB have finally become a major restriction. For now I'm leaving it as is, but I'll try to get the new IM and larger TB on in the next month and have it retuned, hopefully on a dyno.

Here's a chart of a 2nd gear pull using Dynolicious on an iPhone. You can see with the yellow line where power picks up around 8.5 seconds, and also where it falls on its face and fades away prematurely around 9.5 seconds.

IMG_0012.jpg

For now I'm leaving it as is, but I'll try to get the new IM and larger TB on in the next month and have it retuned, hopefully on a dyno.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
dynolicious! ima get it when i get an iphone :lolrun: im really jealous of your knowledge and skills :lawl:

AFAccord

Reaction score
So I've picked up the sword again to battle out the rest of the 'problems' with the car. A friend of mine was able to let me make a few free runs on his shop's dyno dynamics (heart-breaker) dyno, and sure enough the power curve looked exactly like chart I posted above, maxing out at 165whp at 5100rpm, and staying absolutely FLAT until 7k.

I'm working again to complete the H23 intake manifold swap with an S2 70mm TB, hopefully to be done next weekend. Then, all I'll have to do is save some cash, and schedule some dyno time to actually adjust the cam a bit and see what she makes. I've said it before, but i really think this will be my last step with the full F23 block/head. If I do go on modding the car, it will be towards the G23 VTEC setup.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
nice to see you did pick up your friends s2 tb. we need to get this car breathing at wot

Back