g23 vtec swap

AFAccord

Reaction score
lmaooo u guys are cool very helpful! thanx for all that info.

im very reasonable with the foreseen numbers id like to achieve im not tryin to put down 400hp id like something in the 220whp range ill be happy with that :driving:

You could EASILY do that by just boosting the stock F23, and still be very reliable. Why spend all the extra money and compromise reliability for such a low goal?

jaron001

Reaction score
You could EASILY do that by just boosting the stock F23, and still be very reliable. Why spend all the extra money and compromise reliability for such a low goal?

i wouldnt want to boost it to get that goal because i will want to keep boosting more and more, then im going to have to start building the block and head. so id rather do the block and head first with the possibility for the boost down the line. this is b4 the cams, bolt ons, im, tb etc i was refering more to people wanting to see 280 out of the g23 vtec then the actual final numbers i want to put down and i still think thats a bit optimistic

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Ah, then I can safely say that you won't be able to do it. :)

But seriously, you'll need some good compression and the help of mild N/A cams at a minimum to see a solid 220whp N/A. By that point, the cam might have too much overlap, and your compression would be too high to safely boost.

Boost parts/builds and All-motor parts/builds are completely different animals. Again, I kindly suggest that you choose one path or the other.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Ah, then I can safely say that you won't be able to do it. :)

But seriously, you'll need some good compression and the help of mild N/A cams at a minimum to see a solid 220whp N/A. By that point, the cam might have too much overlap, and your compression would be too high to safely boost.

Boost parts/builds and All-motor parts/builds are completely different animals. Again, I kindly suggest that you choose one path or the other.

Well if he uses the f23 pistons, with agressive cams he could get a nice established compression enough to get 220whp!!!

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
i think you should stfu if you dont have anything useful to post here just a thought tho

Actually that was a useful post, weve seen millions of times on here when someone would post about doin a G23 build, myself included without doing proper research(except with me I researched) or at least searching for info when its been talked about all the time! If I didnt get a MR2 I would probably have a G23 now but its my strictly daily now so im not doing it but im glad to help answer your questions NOOB!!!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Well if he uses the f23 pistons, with agressive cams he could get a nice established compression enough to get 220whp!!!

The H22 head with it's larger combustion chamber brings compression down to 8.8 with stock F23 pistons. No way in HELL he's going to make even 160whp at that compression. Cams can alter dynamic compression, but not static compression.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
follow the material off of last months import tuner mag... thats what im tellin every1 and thats where its gonna end... if u wanna make 200+ on a reasonable stup, then follow that... they layed it flat out so BOOM... there you go... and they did it all for less than 2k

Back