g23 vtec swap

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
follow the material off of last months import tuner mag... thats what im tellin every1 and thats where its gonna end... if u wanna make 200+ on a reasonable stup, then follow that... they layed it flat out so BOOM... there you go... and they did it all for less than 2k

i can guarantee u the 200 whp on oem parts alone (as stated in the article) is bs :bs2:

jaron001

Reaction score
Actually that was a useful post, weve seen millions of times on here when someone would post about doin a G23 build, myself included without doing proper research(except with me I researched) or at least searching for info when its been talked about all the time! If I didnt get a MR2 I would probably have a G23 now but its my strictly daily now so im not doing it but im glad to help answer your questions NOOB!!!

ok well most of the threads i seen that talked about the g23 were shut down because of useless posts like your first one and this one so if you dont mind keep em out my thread kid thanks. if you wunna be an asshole take it to H-T or HS youll fit right in :slap:

jaron001

Reaction score
ok so i just cut to the chase and called a engine builder in my area... told him what i was trying to do and how i was trying to do it and he really had some good thoughts the ~9.77:1 cr isnt a bad idea for both meaning with that cr if i decided to go FI i wouldnt have a problem tuning and i wouldnt have to run some crazy race fuel because im at 11:1 and if i wanted to just keep it na it will still be more power then what i had

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
i think you should stfu if you dont have anything useful to post here just a thought tho

You a good guy Jaron, I believe that. But please don't down an OG. I Gotta back up Mike - don't take his comment to heart, but just let it go.

Just end it here and focus on the topic if you want to continue this thread, along with your learning experience. Good luck! I don't know so much about builds, otherwise I would help you in depth.

That is all.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
You a good guy Jaron, I believe that. But please don't down an OG. I Gotta back up Mike - don't take his comment to heart, but just let it go.

Just end it here and focus on the topic if you want to continue this thread, along with your learning experience. Good luck! I don't know so much about builds, otherwise I would help you in depth.

That is all.

IDK man why I only wanted to help the guy and I responded to your pm!

AFAccord

Reaction score
ok so i just cut to the chase and called a engine builder in my area... told him what i was trying to do and how i was trying to do it and he really had some good thoughts the ~9.77:1 cr isnt a bad idea for both meaning with that cr if i decided to go FI i wouldnt have a problem tuning and i wouldnt have to run some crazy race fuel because im at 11:1 and if i wanted to just keep it na it will still be more power then what i had

Uh... Do-what?? I was with you up until the 9.7 part... IMO, you're trying to accomplish two totally different things, which makes for one huge pointless money pit. Boost is 'simple', and very cost effective with a stock F23. You're throwing your money away on a H22 head and OEM pistons if you're going to boost down the road. Just boost the car now,and save the rest of your money for tuning. Thats where half the members go wrong is using a piggyback unit or FMU. If your going boost, G23 VTEC is not for you.

jaron001

Reaction score
i understand what your saying but for me i get tired of things FAST. so if a year or 2 from now i decide to boost that set up i wouldnt even look back at the money i spent on the head ect. i would be happier that i have tons of aftermarket support with endless amounts of turbo mani's, cams, valve train, with a unique set up

i FULLY truly understand where you are coming from but it will be fun for me to get the g23 to its full potential and when the time comes that shes all maxed out switch things up a bit the 2k, 3k, that would be spent in the process would be worth alot more then doing the norm if u get me

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Uh... Do-what?? I was with you up until the 9.7 part... IMO, you're trying to accomplish two totally different things, which makes for one huge pointless money pit. Boost is 'simple', and very cost effective with a stock F23. You're throwing your money away on a H22 head and OEM pistons if you're going to boost down the road. Just boost the car now,and save the rest of your money for tuning. Thats where half the members go wrong is using a piggyback unit or FMU. If your going boost, G23 VTEC is not for you.

I think hes tryin to have a CR thats good for FI or NA. Honestly 9:7 wont bring out the full potential of the motor NA! Honestly its gotta be one or the other dude!!! For G23vtec seriously look at building an NA motor!

Back