Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 5/2 PG11)

Wid

Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 10/27 PG6)Bought shop stuff,Eye Candy,Did

Looks great I wish I had this sort of space to work in.

I get my car back freshly painted this coming thursday or friday. I expect to have to take M205 to the paint to get it the way I want it then I was thinking of opti coating the paint.

Have you ever OC or OG'd a car?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 10/27 PG6)Bought shop stuff,Eye Candy,Did

Thanks for the comment Wid. I appreciate you taking the time to go through the updates and make a comment. Most of the time, I hear/see so much horror stories about body shops not understanding how to polish, but we will not know the outcome of the body shop you selected until further inspection. The part you will need to worry about is missed sanding scratches. The rest of the holograms, marring, and light scratches will be easy for you. I recommend to give the paint at least 90 days to outgas before using Opti Coat.

I currently have Opti Coat 2.0, and Opti Guard is only for authorized installers who is enrolled with their program, which costs xxxx.xx amount for the product, then the price is passed onto the customers who also receives a warranty as well. I have used a whole 20cc syringe of Opti Coat 2.0 already, but I have not yet coated a whole car. I am knowledgeable about the product, the application process, the flash time, the wipedown time, and the cure time. If you need any information about any process of applying Opti Coat 2.0, feel free to ask away. Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Wid

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply, I knew OG was more commercial but not to that extent.

I just got the car back today and it's a rainy day so I cant thoroughly inspect the paint but I can tell I'll def need to take M205 to it, or I was thinking SF4000 from menzerna .. before I give it a perma coat with OC.

Probably won't be doing any of that until after the winter though. I'll correct any winter damage and the minor trails/swirls from its first initial post paint polish.

Though I did notice my chrome plastic trim has some obvious sanding/buffing marks .. do you have any products for that type of work? Obviously my trim won't look as good as the new paint but I'd like to get it better than it is. I have a few things I'll try but do you know anything or have anything specific that works well for that stuff?

I also need to take some black wow to my black trim that lines the bottom of the windshield/wiper area. Mines quite faded and doesn't look too good with the fresh paint.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you take a picture or specify which area of chrome plastic trim you are referring to? I am guessing the trim surrounding the windows? If it indeed have sanding marks/scratches, the severity of it will depend on the grit of the sanding disc used during the sanding process after painting it. In my experience I was never able to fully remove 1000 grit sanding marks from the chrome plastic trim, but I was able to maybe correct 60-70% of it using a rotary/wool/compound method.

On the other hand, if it is just buffing marks, obviously they did not care enough to mask off any trim/sensitive areas during the sanding/buffing process. But, luckily you can use a polish and the buffing marks from the machine will come off from the trim.

Bought some 3'' pads. I am pretty happy at the moment with these pads all lined up.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 11/30 PG7) Eye Candy

Bought a small compressor to blow out my microfiber cutting pads, and a small stand to place the mats on when vacuuming to save my back from getting messed up.

Brad2274

Reaction score

air compressor is so useful for blowing dust out of air vents and small gaps, nice purchase! garage is looking really nice, table for mats is a must in my book, i use a bench at work where i lay out all the mats and go at them with brushes and shampoo.
ever thought of a removable wall mount vacuum? so nice to not have to move the shop vac around and just use the long hosed wall mount, but shop vacs are pretty good for off site things too.
whats the story on those 3inch pads? what buffer do you use with those? im intrigued :hmmm2:

Roadrage

Reaction score

If only my garage was half as organized as yours I'd be happy. Looking good lemon. Happy for ya :)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

air compressor is so useful for blowing dust out of air vents and small gaps, nice purchase! garage is looking really nice, table for mats is a must in my book, i use a bench at work where i lay out all the mats and go at them with brushes and shampoo.
ever thought of a removable wall mount vacuum? so nice to not have to move the shop vac around and just use the long hosed wall mount, but shop vacs are pretty good for off site things too.
whats the story on those 3inch pads? what buffer do you use with those? im intrigued :hmmm2:

I was hoping the compressor would make my life easier, and it looks like it will live up to it. At where I work at, my back always aches from bending over to vacuum carpets, and floor mats. In order to prevent any further pain to myself I had to look for a little table that could fold up, and sturdy enough to hold the weight of rubber floor mats. I do not have any plans for a wall mount vacuum yet, but who knows maybe in the future I will come up with something. The 3 inch pads are used for in tight areas where my 5.5 inch pads won't give me enough room, or surgical control over the area I'm working on.

If only my garage was half as organized as yours I'd be happy. Looking good lemon. Happy for ya :)

Thank you. None of this happened overnight haha. Dedication, persistence, and a strong will to succeed is the key for me.

Last edited:

mo.v6accord

Reaction score

Just used some of that mother wheel polish you gave me. The stuff is great. Really makes me want to get a new set of 16 stock v6 wheels to clean it up more. :bowdown:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad you had a positive experience. Next time post what you did in the sticky thread above. If you took pictures please post them.

Last edited:
Back