Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 8/8/13

Yeah so after talking to ACT their 6/4 puck discs only hold "around" 400wtq. My guess is that should be surpassed by the next tune I am going for and their clutches available for our car only hold up to that amount which would be cutting it pretty da** close for the goals I am looking for....

Any ideas on other clutch options (that don't cost $1,000+)?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Play big, pay big. I would try Toda.. I'm sure that will hold the power, and will last you a looooong time ;).

akoutmos

Reaction score

Tilton makes a clutch and flywheel assembly for the H22 good for 740 lb-ft of torque. I am almost positive the clutch+flywheel assembly is interchangeable between the F and H....can anyone verify? Only prob is 1500 :/.

Can always get an ACT clutch. http://www.advancedclutch.com/ha3-xtg6
Once again if the H and F parts are interchangable. Pretty sure they are.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Tilton makes a clutch and flywheel assembly for the H22 good for 740 lb-ft of torque. I am almost positive the clutch+flywheel assembly is interchangeable between the F and H....can anyone verify? Only prob is 1500 :/.

Can always get an ACT clutch. http://www.advancedclutch.com/ha3-xtg6
Once again if the H and F parts are interchangable. Pretty sure they are.

My plan is to get the 6 puck sprung from ACT for right now, go for a tune and get to the track, and when it goes or over winter get some sort of double/triple/super single set-up so I am good for a while....

Can anyone verify clutch is the same for the H vs the F series? I know the transmissions are interchangable for sure, it's just what about the clutch?

I'm guessing possibly the bolt patterns are different?

AFAccord

Reaction score

They're all the same. Hit up Kaisenspeed since they specialize in H22s and ask Shawn. You can just call them, the number is in their site.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

They're all the same. Hit up Kaisenspeed since they specialize in H22s and ask Shawn. You can just call them, the number is in their site.

Thanks AF! I'll give them a call today and see what they say!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Play big, pay big. I would try Toda.. I'm sure that will hold the power, and will last you a looooong time ;).

Didn't see this until now.... Awesome, ill have to remember that saying. It is true though! Next purchase though is a twin disc.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Didn't see this until now.... Awesome, ill have to remember that saying. It is true though! Next purchase though is a twin disc.

Haha that's actually one I made up, kind of similar to: gotta pay to play. I'm going to have to upgrade my clutch too.. So I'm prepping to shell out mad dough for that as well. :iranmaybe:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well, Been a while for an update....

Got done with a wheel bearing replacement on the Audi. Now that that is running I can finally get some stuff done on the Honda. Here's what I will be working on while saving money for the clutch from ACT and/or researching options:

- Oil pan is leaking so remove it, clean it, and reseal it
- Oil change
- Car is overheating (new thermostat, flush and fill and bleed the system)
- Change out spark plugs with new NGK 7FR7F-11 due to misfiring
- Recharge Air Conditioning
- Interior lights are out
- Create battery tie down in the trunk
- Repair Exhaust
- Adjust e-brake

And hopefully the clutch here soon as well so I can get a tune sometime in the next decade LOL....

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well,

Basically picked up everything up today and plugs ordered on line. All I have to do is fix everything and/or cut and weld things to get it done.

Hopefully this weekend I can get a majority of everything done with exception of exhaust, battery tie down, and clutch.

Hopefully more to come soon.

Back