h22 swap help ( IAC)

Drift

Reaction score
This is all I can do for now:

This is what the OBDI IACV diagram looks like. Notice there are only 2 wires. One is a power wire (12v) and the other goes to the ECU Pin A9.

IACV.jpg

This is how the car came. Notice the 3 wires. The top one is the 12v power source again. The bottom left is the signal to the ECU Pin B23, and the ground wire is black. You dont need the black wire any more.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

So, on the stock harness, if you look at the B connector at the ECU. And you look at the back, facing the wires. You should see a Blk/Blu wire at pin B23

s84ecu25p.jpg

Follow that wire through the conversion harness and you should end up at Pin A9 on the connector that plugs into the OBDI ecu.

DSC03164.jpg

(sorry if that pic sucks. Its on the connector on the left, the big one. Top row, 5 over from the left. Again, looking at the wires, the back of the connector.

Get a multimeter, set it to the Ohms setting (the Omega symbol), and touch the wire at both ends. If it beeps and says something like 1.5ohms or so, you're fine. Then check the power wire on the Iacv connector by setting the meter to voltage (dc, solidline about dots), put the black lead to a good engine ground or right to the neg on the battery, and stick the read lead in the connector. Remember NOT to do the first one with the key on. Obviously, to do the second, you will need to have the key on.

If all that checks out, then you may have a vacuum leak. Or a sh!tty tune.

Make sense now?

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread but I'm still a little unclear about this. Do I need to re-pin something in the ecu or is it simply just connecting the two wires at the IAC pigtail? also can't seem to figure out which vacuum lines go to which ports on the two wire IAC as it has one pointing up and one pointing down where as the stock 3 wire had to ports facing down.

Back