H22 Swap

phi1542

Reaction score
just curious what shifter cable did you use? my f23 shifter cable is going out and i want to replace it. doing an engine swap in the future and wonder if there is an upgrade or just replace it? thanks

Zachhiland

Reaction score
I know it's an old thread and your accord is long gone, but I must ask....know anyone close to me that can make this happen? I have no desire to try this myself.bad experiences in past letting a friend put one in my 91 accord..thanks in advance for any direction given.im in ky btw...

Ohio Houston

Reaction score
My auto transmission just went out and I am planning on doing the 5 speed swap next month. I will be using an H22 transmission, and want to H swap it in the summer. My question is, after I do all of the auto to manual wiring, will the rest of the swap be exactly like my car was a factory manual? I'm planning on getting a SwapShopRacing H22 conversion harness, OBD2 to OBD1 jumper, and a p28 ECU

GoldMetallicCG6

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this site and need help regarding this swap. Well not exactly but instead of a obd1 h22a I swapped in a h22a4 obd2a into my 00 accord. I been spending to much money trying to get this car going again. I bought 3 different ecu p0j, p5p and p72 all 3 of these ecu are obd2a. I wanted to use the p5p ecu to run this engine but I ran into a crank no start issue I bought the AO immobilizer delete and solder it still no start. I know I did the wiring correct I think because when I useed the f23(PAA) ecu the car fire right up but I don't want to drive with this ecu because it not gonna run right and run lean. The reason I bought the p72-a04 ecu is because I reserched and heard that it can run the h22 but not safe, iknow it's not meant for the h22 but i just wanna run it until I can buy a p28 or p72 obd1 ecu chip and burn the correct base map fire it. My question is do I just need to buy a obd2b to obd2a jumper harness and plug and play with the p72-a04 or is there other thing I have to do too to make this work

Back