H22 Swap

Anewosis

Reaction score
Just a question. Has anyone here thought to use Rywire for the distributor adaptor so you don't have to cut up your stock one? It is seems to make more sense to spend 50-60 dollars for a perfect fit then to possibly mess something up.

Dread

Reaction score
So I have a really simple question. I have an 01 Accord. and the motor is going. Transmission is good though. I am debating doing a H22 swap, because why not. So does the H series block bolt to the F series transmission? thanks in advance.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
So I have a really simple question. I have an 01 Accord. and the motor is going. Transmission is good though. I am debating doing a H22 swap, because why not. So does the H series block bolt to the F series transmission? thanks in advance.

Also very simple to search

Drift

Reaction score
Im amazed this thread it still alive! Nice work guys. Sorry I've been MIA.

floating doc

Reaction score
Great thread! Definitely the best 6th gen H22 swap thread that I've found, even with the loss of some photos.

It also convinced me that the answer to whether it makes sense to do the H22 swap into my accord coupe is... e36! Looks like too much effort for a daily driver.

Either that, or get the 04 Ralliart back from my wife, and convert to a manual transmission (the wagons were auto only). I wouldn't mention it, but you did briefly say that you had bought a Galant.

Drift

Reaction score
Ill try to dig up the old photos and rehost them. Its been a few years so no promises though.

I did have a Galant VR4 track car for a couple years. The issue was the turbo AWD cars are really expensive to run on the track (and make them competitive against STi's and EVOs). So I sold it bought a bike. Crashed it. Bought another bike, got hit. Bought the M3, crashed it at a race. Rebuilt it to this:

13ymjbb.jpg

Soon to be repainted for the Mt Washington Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb. (Where I'll be racing against Travis Pastrana and Ken Block)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Play nice guys…..Bense if you feel like there is critical information missing that otherwise renders this thread unhelpful, it is more beneficial to fill in the gaps and contribute rather than bash someone’s thread. However, take note that this thread is not in the DIY section, so it is not classified as a swap guide.

cg6soldado

Reaction score
play nice guys…..bense if you feel like there is critical information missing that otherwise renders this thread unhelpful, it is more beneficial to fill in the gaps and contribute rather than bash someone’s thread. However, take note that this thread is not in the diy section, so it is not classified as a swap guide.

+1

Drift

Reaction score
I'm not sure that he realizes that I had to re-do the entire thread when Honduh.com shut down. Most of the pics are from over 10 years ago and many of the hosting sites have come and gone. Unfortunately I have also been through a couple of HHD and lost a lot of the pics myself. And admittedly, since I've sold the Accord I have lost of bit of interest in walking people through the same questions over and over.

I agree that the thread could be more detailed and perhaps pruned of some of the more redundant data; but I believe that it has helped many people achieve 8k rpm of VTEC glory in their otherwise rather mundane family car.

Instead of criticizing the content of this thread, why not ask what you need or even better, contribute some helpful information?

On another note. .. . I wanted to post the video of my Class winning (2WD) run up Mt Washington NH during the Climb to the Clouds last weekend.

http://youtu.be/j3b_yhkNCjw
(Its been a while since I've been on the forums, I forget how to post the video directly)

Oh yeah, and the car is officially a BMW art car too
2ng92xv.jpg

oic1gg.jpg

(pictures courtesy of Josh Sweeney)

Art by KAren Barrow of www.Barrowart.com

Last edited:
Back