H22 Swap

Bense

Reaction score
Play nice guys…..Bense if you feel like there is critical information missing that otherwise renders this thread unhelpful, it is more beneficial to fill in the gaps and contribute rather than bash someone’s thread. However, take note that this thread is not in the DIY section, so it is not classified as a swap guide.

This is what I currently am in the process of doing.

TrouserSnakeH23

Reaction score
Ohhhh good, glad I found this. I have a question, I bought an H22 recently and it was suggested that I remove the balance shafts in the engine. My question is since its going in my Accord and its originally from a Prelude won't that upset the balance? Or would it be better? I just don't want my cornering to be affected by this swap, because if it is I may just stick to the F. Thanks!

Bense

Reaction score
so because you need someone to take you through step by baby ****ing step like a child, this thread is garbage? get the **** out

I know the exact outcome that I want to result from my project. It is a relatively common project that others have done before. There is no revolutionary obstacles to overcome, there no ground to be covered that has not been covered before. This is a recipe, a procedural outline of the steps that need to be taken to address and overcome the obstacles that arise in this process.

Drift

Reaction score
I know the exact outcome that I want to result from my project. It is a relatively common project that others have done before. There is no revolutionary obstacles to overcome, there no ground to be covered that has not been covered before. This is a recipe, a procedural outline of the steps that need to be taken to address and overcome the obstacles that arise in this process.

When I was first doing this, there were many obstacles to over come. This is a common swap now, but when I first stared there was very little information and I was probably one of maybe 20 people who had been successful in doing so.

Feel free to contribute, but ease off on the criticism. I, like everyone here, am just trying to help.

Bense

Reaction score
On another note. .. . I wanted to post the video of my Class winning (2WD) run up Mt Washington NH during the Climb to the Clouds last weekend.

(Its been a while since I've been on the forums, I forget how to post the video directly)

Oh yeah, and the car is officially a BMW art car too

Coincidentally, The reason that I am in a rush to get my blue top H23A in my '01 Accord I4 5MT is so that I can have it operating sufficiently before I begin working at the BMW manufacturing facility that we have in Greer.

Drift

Reaction score
question, can you use the f23 ac compressor with the h22 motor???? I need help

Yes, as stated it does work if you use the f23 bracket with it. However, depending on the ecu that you're using, you may have to run a relay in order to get the fan to turn on when the compressor running.

Back