H23 Intake Manifold onto F23 Head

NASOHC

Reaction score
WOOHOOO!!! Can't wait to see how that works out man... great thread!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Got everything back together and started her up around 2:30 this afternoon.

Went for a short test drive, and had no leaks with the exception of the thermostat bleed screw that I forgot to close, and some oil from a valve cover bolt hole that i didn't have a bolt to fill. I tightened up the bleed screw and added some more coolant, then drove to the hardware store to pick up a bolt, washer, and neoprene washer. Got it installed and snugged down and everything is doing just fine now.

The intake sounds incredible at WOT. Very deep and very loud; even louder than the exhaust at times. The throttle response is super quick. A slight blip of the pedal that used to reach 15-20% throttle, now sends the engine to ~50% throttle and jumping to 3k rpm. Taking off from a stop is tricky now, since the throttle is so touchy, and hard to control at part throttle.

The car desparately needs a tune, and I need to install some performance valve springs and retainers before then so I can safely rev it out.

Last night when I got most of the coolant lines and vacuum lines connected, I was appalled that I hadn't even considered where to mount the throttle cable. So I picked up some scrap laminate from the plate I made, and fabbed up a throttle cable bracket.

Before...

NewManifold.jpg

After!

0519091936.jpg

I have a friend who's going to cut one out of aluminum for me once I get a chance to pull this one off and measure it.

AFAccord

Reaction score
So does the car feel completely different to drive now?

The car desparately needs a tune...

It feels responsive, but until I can safely rev it up and tune it, I won't be beating on it. Rest assured though, the next time I tune, it will be on a dyno and I'll be able to adjust the cam to get the most power out of it.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
If anyone was gonna do this, it would have been your *** Jason.
Congrats :omgbd:

simplesedan99

Reaction score
so is there a deffinate parts list....i see a couple throughout this but they are differnt...n e one care to put up a finalized list...thanks

congrats mane....as soon as i get the parts i will be close behind you

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i dont know if jason could remember all the small little things, i know i couldn't

it just one of those projects that has alot of little mods to make it all work right and it only gives a little bit more power in the end

Back