Halabeaster54's CL Type S 6Spd/J35 Build

Jefe02

Reaction score
Yea I'm doing a j32 6speed swap. Thanks I will pm you if I have any questions. You hit any roadblocks while doing your swap?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Yea I'm doing a j32 6speed swap. Thanks I will pm you if I have any questions. You hit any roadblocks while doing your swap?

Quite a few but it was my first engine swap. And there was a lack of info on the web, and my harness was damaged ($320 for a new one fml). Missing some bolts here and there. Ehhhh. Lots o fun, lots o fun. I have shifter cables from a cl s, I bought new ones for my swap but I still have the used ones since it looks like your looking for some. I have a bunch of random parts and the best part about doing a j swap is that a lot of the j30 parts bolt on if your missing anything. Just when u drop your engine in, use the j30s rear bracket! So much easier! And what are u doing about that ct supercharger situation?

Jefe02

Reaction score
Yea I might need shifter cables if they don't have any at the junkyard I will pm you. I'm just trying to focus on one thing at a time so I'm really not worried about the supercharger right now.

ReggieReGGCG2

Reaction score
Welp guess i know who to look for help wen i decide to 2 speed swap. Congrats dude i know your excited

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Yea from my torque damper. Idk how it happened but I put it in it was perfect. I popped the hood after I drove it pretty hard the whole day and it was bent. Innovative mounts + ingalls stiffy = engine doesn't move. When I reved the j30 on stock mounts and no damper it tried to come out of the engine bay. When I rev the j35 it almost tries to wiggle but gives up because it's so restrained haha. The only time I feel it move is when I shift at around 7k.
:ugh2:
It's not just bolt ons. Ported, stroked, ect.
So what's your final displacement? Bore size? Stroke length? What crank did you use? What pistons?

Grats.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
:ugh2:

So what's your final displacement? Bore size? Stroke length? What crank did you use? What pistons?

Grats.

I never said I had all that. That was an answer to your question on "what does internals mean" I don't remember the exact wording of what u said. And like I said before I'll post my mod list when I post my dyno video after I get tuned. Until then it's my dirty little secret :naughty:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Speaking on that what tuning solution do you recommend between aem fic or Greddy enanage blue/ultimate. I'd love to lower my vtec points to 3500 from 5200 on the type s ecu. Since I shift at around 2500 I wouldn't hit vtec unless I tried anyway. But fic has its advantages apparently too. Ems is out of the question for me, I don't have that much to drop on a cars computer as I have college payments haha.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Here are some pics I took while doing my swap.

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

IMAG0803.jpg

IMAG0806-1.jpg

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0835.jpg

IMAG0833.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

Back