Header worth it?

is sacrificing low end gains and money worth the high end gains and looks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pattywak

Reaction score
They actually don't pop the hood and look. I just thought that if you didn't have the CARB exempt items it wouldn't pass emissions.

So this means I could use, say, a Megan Racing header and pass emissions?

coloradoavs97

Reaction score
well in about a month, ill be getting my springs and shocks on....so i think im going to wait and possibly put a catback (Apexi or Magnaflow) with a header at the same time...unless the header is pointless and i should just keep the catback and SRI...now as for cams i am going to do my research and see where that gets me...

thanks a lot fellas:thumbup:

bigcoz

Reaction score
lol yeah man, i didn't think too much of the emissions police, but many people i've known(including myself) won't get passed during emissions check with an engine light....back when i had the Ford, i bought some ford racing shorty headers, had them custom fit for the car...when i went for emissions check, i failed the visual inspection(Crown Victorias have 4 catalytic converters FTL)just because i had 2 rear ones removed. I searched for 2 weeks, no one wanted to pass me in Queens, had to goto a junkyard for that mess.

hey Greg, sorry but im real confused....the ULEV motor is just aesthetically different from other 4 cylinder Accords? i was under the assumption the exhaust manifolds were different, the ECU's are different,and the placement of the sensors had something to do with it(i checked Majestic Honda, and they have two different part #s)?Again,i do apologize for the noobness

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same exhaust manifold, just 02 placement is the only difference I know of.

I'm trying to get mine to pass emissions right now w/out having to fix the CEL. I barely failed with no cat and just a resonator (could get a reading through the computer) so I got the sniffer and missed by 4%. Threw the cat back on yesterday, we'll see how it does.

bigcoz

Reaction score
thanks man....by any chance bro, would you know where i could still pick up that Kamikaze header? I've read previous threads on here,looked on a few performance-parts websites,and it looks like there discontinued....also,the websites i've seen them on say that they are for off-road use only(not street legal)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every header is for "off-road use only" cuz they dont want anyone coming back on them if you get caught using it and you shouldnt be - aka California.

Search for the kamikaze...i've linked it like 20 times on this site.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
Im still waiting for Bisimoto to have a header app for our cars.
I wanna get it so that i can floss my engine bay too.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcoz

Reaction score
Every header is for "off-road use only" cuz they dont want anyone coming back on them if you get caught using it and you shouldnt be - aka California.

Search for the kamikaze...i've linked it like 20 times on this site.

Sorry, i found the link on your members ride page, thanks man.

Back