how dark to go with window tint?

D-Ramey

Reaction score
i have a 2 door white coupe how dark should i go i was thinking 20% or 15% something that looks good....im having the windshield done 50% also let me know what u guys think

SneakyPete

Reaction score
well......im in columbus also, if you could see the stack of tint tickets i've accumulated i would reconsider.

but to give my opinion, i prefer dark dark windows........

but not the fines!:eekwtf:

Mufasa

Reaction score
i think 15% is perfect, its not too dark that you cant see at night, and its dark enough in the daytime where it blocks out enough sun.

DONT GO 5% lol thats crazy my friend has that, cant see ****, got pulled over 7 times for it

jcast.01

Reaction score
go with 20 ALL AROUND THATS HOW I HAVE MINE ITS DARK ENOUGH TO WERE U CAN BARLEY SEE WHOS DRIVING AND LIGHT ENOUGH TO WERE I HAVENT BEN HASSLED BY THE COPS FOR IT

SkanDaluz

Reaction score
I had 5% before and it was nice, don't get me wrong but driving at night kinda sucked but not too bad though. After about a few years, I switched to non-metallic based 20% (mainly because the film i had was metallic based so it interfered with my radar) and I like it. Like others have said, I'd go with either 15% or 20%.

GCv6accorD

Reaction score
20% all round is the best... plus cops wont mess with u as much

ericthecheat

Reaction score
A lot of stock vehicles come now with 30-35% in the front and 20% in the back. That combo seems like it would have the least liability of getting you pulled over.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Depends on the laws where you live, if you worry about that.

In Ohio the legal limit is 50% on driver/front passenger window and whatever you want on everything else. And I believe it's illegal everywhere to tint your windshield.

I ended up going with 35% all around. Blocks sun and enough visibility during the day (ivory interior), and only shows silhouttes at night. But it's not too dark that it looks far from legal. I didn't want to ever have to remove tint so I played it safe.

Back