how do hertz woofers compare??

Namboyz

Reaction score
hey whats up guys.

im looking to run some hertz hx300d woofers but i was wondering how they compare to other subs.

im currently running an idmax and am happy but im always curious about how others sound.

thanks for your opinions.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
I remember you saying u wanted louder, the hertz are more on the sq side so i'd look elsewhere.

They are lovely subs, though.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
from the specs, its nothing special. it'll sound like 95% of subs out there.

pretty high Fs, however...do not want. but then again, thats a typical tradeoff of todays subs, so they can go in a really small box.

lashlee

Reaction score
I'm gonna try one of the energy 10's in the fit this weekend. I've got an older exile in there now but I've got more depth to run a regular sub. I'm with ryan, most subs will sound the same. I run IDQ v3's in the accord that I've always liked!

Last edited:

ALX2987

Reaction score
I have a 12 inch hi energy hx300, i LOVE it. very clean sound, and when you want it to bump, it does. Obviously its not the loudest, but like i said its a very clean sound, and gets the job done when u want it real loud.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
personally, i see no point in spending over 150 for a sub...unless it was a jbl gti which you already had :lawl: even then, there's "just as good" for less available :lawl:

and it would be a hard decision to spend anything over $100 for a run-of-the-mill high-distortion, shorting ring-less driver.

Namboyz

Reaction score
i sold the gti recently for 210 lol i decided to keep the idmax over the gti

but the gti was an amazing sub... i wish i would have put it in a sealed box and see if i like it more.. it was in a huge ported box!

but thanks ryan for your help and advice! it helps alot

hondahana

Reaction score
i got the energy 12's in low tuned ported box. there very nice. there only gonna be as loud as you let/want them u make your trade offs with a box. whats your intentions with the sub? what kinda power? im planning on ditching the hertz for some DD 3512's that are collecting dust in my room along with a memphis mojo amp.

Back