Lowered in winter/snow

blackcord

Reaction score
I am on Tein SSPs which dont really go that low anyway. But I just raise it up in winter and lower in summer. I also annually Krown (rust proof) my car and I always buy 2-3 cans or rust check (oil) spray and apply it to the threaded section every couple of weeks during the winter months.

Never had any issues what so ever to adjust my coilovers come spring time.

SO, my suggestion to you is to just install your coilovers and enjoy, buts just spray them down often to prevent seizing.

slowrider87

Reaction score
I've been low plowing snow in my 6th gen for 3 winters now, and in my previous 5th gen for two. The only thing i switch out in the winter is the wheels. and IF it snows more than 4 inches i'll take off the front lip. but thats a day by day descision. You see more snow up that way than We do here in VA. Take into consideration that i didn't, and don't, have coil-overs. Both were shock/spring. I know with proper care it would be fine to install them. however i would recommend being patient and waiting. You'll have a lot more fun on brand new coils if the first few months you have them are in good weather.

greekpizza

Reaction score
puzc.jpg
[/URL]
Im on FF type 1's as well. I leave my car dumped and when i was in school in pa I would drive in the snow all the time and to the resorts for snowboarding. You shouldnt have trouble driving in the snow being lowered, but you will risk being able to adjust your coils. I havent tried to adjust mine since but i did happen to look the other day and they are pretty rusty. At the end of the day id say dump it so its decently driveable that way if they do rust and you can no longer adjust them your not on the ground or in monster truck mode.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thormx331

Reaction score
Again thanks for the tips. I guess I should have mentioned they aren't brand new they are used. I think I will be lowering it this weekend.

I know its probably on here somewhere but does someone know what measurements I should check on the coilovers before I install them to know how low it would be?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was lowered 2.5-3in and just switched to all seasons for the winter. Never had a problem. Throw some antiseize on the threads and some grease, make sure you wash the salt off once a week, you should be fine.

Thormx331

Reaction score
So I googled and looked on here but could find what I was looking for. What is max ride height length on the coilovers NOT the fender to the ground. Since its winter I want them at the highest height. OR how much thread should I leave engaged? Say I unscrewed the coilovers apart completely and started threading them back in. Should it overlap and inch? 1/2 in?

Would rather adjust them before I installed them

Varnell

Reaction score
They're really not difficult to adjust once they're on. If you're going to take the time to properly clean them, you'll have the time to adjust them.

Thormx331

Reaction score
Just would rather be warm inside than out in the cold adjusting them when I don't have to

Pizzaman

Reaction score
anti seize all over them and the only issue i have had in 10 winters lowered is the stuff that piles up in the middle of the road. had a rock mixed in with the snow and crushed my oil pan and pick up tube. but that was the first issue i ever had.
i actually think my lowered hondas are better in the snow than non lowered cars i drive. snow tires FTMFW!

Back