Lucas Oil Tranny Additives

J30MAN

Reaction score
Alright, i will do that instead. I didnt have the chance to check it today because i only came from school which is a quick ride. And im not going out for a ride cause weather here is pretty bad. But i will make sure to check it tomorrow even if its just a little ride.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Ive only had the tranny fluid changed once since ive had the car for about a year and a half now. the fluid is always red when i check it and looks like it was just added. i guess im just lucky.

J30MAN

Reaction score
yeah i know mines gonna need to be changed. Ive checked it about a month ago and i dont remember it being anything bad because i probably would have taken caution after that.

Reaction score
yeah how many miles on yours?

haha.... over 200k i dont remember exactly how many. But my tranny has never had to been repaired or swapped.

I think giving the auto tranny too much attention is what causes them to go out. but once mine does i hope to be ready for a 5spd swap :boink:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Transmission fluid never hardly breaks down, instead metal shavings and othercparticles pollute the fluid.

Depending on how well ur transmission is functioning will determine usually if ur fluid is contaminated prematurely.

Reaction score
the only problem ive seen out of mine is when it has been sitting for a long time and i start it, it shifts hard from 1 to 2 but not bad imo

J30MAN

Reaction score
Transmission fluid never hardly breaks down, instead metal shavings and othercparticles pollute the fluid.

Depending on how well ur transmission is functioning will determine usually if ur fluid is contaminated prematurely.

Thats why i imagine why its probably fine. Like i said the only thing that worries me is the slit shudder downshifting from 2nd to 1st at a stop. I do not beat on it or race it at all so im hoping i get lucky and she last me a while.

J30MAN

Reaction score
haha.... over 200k i dont remember exactly how many. But my tranny has never had to been repaired or swapped.

I think giving the auto tranny too much attention is what causes them to go out. but once mine does i hope to be ready for a 5spd swap :boink:

i have 125K so i guess i shouldnt be worrying. Manual swap ftw lol.

the only problem ive seen out of mine is when it has been sitting for a long time and i start it, it shifts hard from 1 to 2 but not bad imo

And yeah mine is the opposite. 2nd to 1st downshift it a little shuddery

Back