New Engine options

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The manual F20B engine produce 200hp while the automatic produce 180. The automatic is comparable to the GSR and 2010 Civic Si.

In terms of what? In an accord? or in a similar weight vehicle? With 180hp and like no torque, you wont be comparing close to a GSR or civic SI.

Just do a EURO R or TYPE R accord swap. H22 with 220 HP. That will compare you to a GSR OR CIVIC SI.

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I have never heard of this "problem" that Honda has with the F series motor. ever.

But why not use the extra money for a manual swap or something, since you won't get that much power out of swapping a motor. Plus you can pick up a full longblock for 300 or less from a junkyard and be done with it and no headaches. Trust me i have bought prob 4 bottom ends/full motors all for under 350... just my .02 cents

Found a F23 bottom end today at a salvage yard for $300 with 88,000 miles. Think im am going to go with that. Can't wait to get this accord back on the streets where it belongs.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
In terms of what? In an accord? or in a similar weight vehicle? With 180hp and like no torque, you wont be comparing close to a GSR or civic SI.

Just do a EURO R or TYPE R accord swap. H22 with 220 HP. That will compare you to a GSR OR CIVIC SI.

In terms of motor HP!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
All the work associated with swapping the motor out with a different one, versus just 300 bucks and a simple replace, doesn't justify a simple 20hp. I could find a lot more cost-effective way to get that power. Just my opinion.

Go for it! Let us know how it goes!

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
mreams02

mreams02

Here is the used block i just bought. What do you think of the piston walls? Does it need dissasembled and rehoning? Could i try to remove the rust myself without taking it apart? I have read forums about this subject. Some people suggest Wd-40 and scotbrite pads. I have also heard muratic acid and a rag. Could i rehone using a drill with the pistons in? Also i'm very worried about scuffing up the walls too much with scotbite pads and getting metal particles down in the piston ring cavity. Should i just go with it in the condition it is in?

Back