New Engine options

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
exactly....i love how mechanics that don't know anything tell people when there is something wrong..."yea this motor has known manufacturer defect problems" and the person is so likely to believe this because of their current position....

the f23 is a solid motor and can be had for really cheap...just swap in a new one and be done...with a new mechanic...who won't lie to you

i couldn't agree more ... i beat the **** out of my f23 ever since i picked up my first h22, the first i picked up ... the one i took back to get the euro r h22, like two years ago lol... i thought i was going to blow it before my swap, guess what ... i was wrong :lolhitting:

Last edited:

nexTOme

Reaction score
lets not drag this thread into
"drop J in it" or "yes J fits"...

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I have never heard of this "problem" that Honda has with the F series motor. ever.

But why not use the extra money for a manual swap or something, since you won't get that much power out of swapping a motor. Plus you can pick up a full longblock for 300 or less from a junkyard and be done with it and no headaches. Trust me i have bought prob 4 bottom ends/full motors all for under 350... just my .02 cents
Yeah, it's hard to find 6th gen accords in junk yards here. If you did, you would prob have to take the time to pull the motor out yourself. I found and F23 used engine on jspecauto.com for $899 and it is local, i could go pick it up. The warranty is for 6months. Sounds like the best deal i can find. Anyone dealt with them before?

Lowman

Reaction score
My friends auto h22 was fun especially when it bounced off the rev limiter, but it blew and was then a 5 speed, and my closest junkyard had at least 5 6th gen accords the last time i was there

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to find 6th gen accords in junk yards here. If you did, you would prob have to take the time to pull the motor out yourself. I found and F23 used engine on jspecauto.com for $899 and it is local, i could go pick it up. The warranty is for 6months. Sounds like the best deal i can find. Anyone dealt with them before?
ive seen whole CARS go for $500 on craigslist...some dude sold an f23 block for $50...

there were "only" like 700,000 6th gens sold every year. heck, there was a 6th gen being parted out on my dinky local CL last week...

hotaccord243

Reaction score
have it shipped. it's not that expensive. Or drive and get one.

by the way i looked for <1 min and found (4) blocks in your state all within 60 miles and all under $300. and that's just one website.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
ive seen whole CARS go for $500 on craigslist...some dude sold an f23 block for $50...

there were "only" like 700,000 6th gens sold every year. heck, there was a 6th gen being parted out on my dinky local CL last week...

Lucky, here in Cali these cars are highly stolen then parted out or taken to Mexico. I've been pulled over 4 times for just having an accord and a shaved head lol.

Back