Oil & Oil Filter Recommendation

BigAnt

Reaction score
Mobil 1 or purolator PureOne for filter!

As for oil either castrol gtx high mileage or valvoline 10w-40!

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I heard great things about Eneos oil. Only recommended if you have an engine with low miles or has been rebuilt recently. Or a well taken care of engine that does not burn ANY oil. Otherwise it's not worth it. $8-9 a quart. This stuff is expensive!!!

I'm going to try it...

jwong512

Reaction score
I heard great things about Eneos oil. Only recommended if you have an engine with low miles or has been rebuilt recently. Or a well taken care of engine that does not burn ANY oil. Otherwise it's not worth it. $8-9 a quart. This stuff is expensive!!!

I'm going to try it...

Eneos doesn't burn lol. My friends have tried it for tracking and they usually burn but when they run Eneos they don't burn at all.

Shofast

Reaction score
Royal purple has been tested and I am pretty sure it is not sludge in a bottle. Not that I am saying you should use it, just that it wont on it's own destroy your engine.

curiousfunk

Reaction score
Mobile 1 wix filter
Me too. The WIX are really nice for how cheap they are. They're $7 from Checker / O'Reilly. Cheaper online. The F23 takes Wix P/N 51334.

Problem with Honda filters is you don't really know what you're getting. They re-uses the same P/N for filters made by different manufacturers. The old Filtec filters were supposedly great. The current Fram ones, not so great. I've called local dealers to try to get the old Filtec-made filters, and they all said their stock lists Honeywell -- Honeywell owns Fram. No thanks.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Royal purple has been tested and I am pretty sure it is not sludge in a bottle. Not that I am saying you should use it, just that it wont on it's own destroy your engine.

Try it on your next oil change and then let u know how it goes :thumbup:

Drift

Reaction score

It starved my h22 head of oil after 200 miles. I will never use it again. Nothing else I've put in my motor has done that.

Use at your own risk. That stuff is garbage. It even looks burnt up right from the bottle. "OMG it purple! It must be good!"

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
It starved my h22 head of oil after 200 miles. I will never use it again. Nothing else I've put in my motor has done that.

Use at your own risk. That stuff is garbage. It even looks burnt up right from the bottle. "OMG it purple! It must be good!"

It's purple to disguise the sludge when you drain it for an oil change, "oh it just looks like that because it's purple oil". :action-smiley-042:

Back