oxygen sensor question ftw!

ChileanMonkey

Reaction score
my car threw up a CEL code of 41 Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction. So my primary 02 sensor should be replaced correct? Well I checked Prices at the dealership and they want $358 which I find to be outrageous. My car is ULEV so I need that special sensor anyone know where I can get a cheaper one. http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=3749014&d=827&p=1 anything cheaper than Tas auto?

Thanks!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
get a NGK or NTK o2 sensor from eBay or rockauto.com...make sure u get the primary sensor

Drift

Reaction score
The o2 in your car is a wideband sensor. Chances are that not many other sensors are going to work. But if you try to source it from somewhere other than the dealership, listen to Darkside and make sure its an NGK or NTK brand.

Do not buy a Bosch sensor, it will not work.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Do not buy a Bosch sensor, it will not work.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Do NOT buy a Bosch sensor. They do not get along with our cars. You'll end up having the code back if you went with one of them. (What happened to me).

Then I think I bought an NGK? It's been installed for probably about 2 years with no CEL since I threw it in there.

C_S_L

Reaction score
I replace mine last year, and I also have ULEV F23A4 engine. I bought mine from http://www.sparkplugs.com/default.asp $115.73 for Denso 02 primary Part# 234-9025 but for 1st time buyer they will give a 10% discount. Lucky for me, their company was a few miles from my home and I just pick it up from there without incurring shipping charges.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Reaction score
I replace mine last year, and I also have ULEV F23A4 engine. I bought mine from http://www.sparkplugs.com/default.asp $115.73 for Denso 02 primary Part# 234-9025 but for 1st time buyer they will give a 10% discount. Lucky for me, their company was a few miles from my home and I just pick it up from there without incurring shipping charges.

actually - seeing this message, I just realized the sensor I got was also a Denso o2 primary.

I also have the ULEV. No issues.

Drift

Reaction score
Sparkplugs.com is the sh*t. I use them all the time at work for NGK step 8 and 9 plugs. They're the only place that consistently have them in stock.

Namboyz

Reaction score
would replacing o2 sensors when thier not needed improve gas milage?? i have an 00 with 150xxx.

also my grandpa used the bosch and the light came back and didnt know why until this thread. thankkkk you everyonee.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
would replacing o2 sensors when thier not needed improve gas milage?? i have an 00 with 150xxx.

also my grandpa used the bosch and the light came back and didnt know why until this thread. thankkkk you everyonee.

Glad to help. I would personally think that changing the sensor if the light isn't on really wouldn't improve the gas mileage. I see where you're coming from with the theory however. (It's possible you'd see a very very slight increase from doing this under the theory that your o2 sensor is "going bad" but not bad enough that your "check engine" light comes on.)

I would still not plan to replace it if the light isn't on. Best to not save the money unless the light comes on.

Back