Push Start

bliss_creator

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm bumping this thread again, I just had an idea and wondering if any of you had done it. And if so how.

I know most of us have heard of a finger print scanner used in computers, which logs you in to a system after matching the finger prints. I was wondering if something like that can be done to start a car, like you get in the car, no keys, you put your finger over the scanner, it scans, your car starts. Just an idea, would look cool i think.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Whoa now Mr. Bond, Interpol called and they want their 00 agent back!

Haha jk, but really I don't think it would work, at least not without a looooot of $ and resources.

bliss_creator

Reaction score

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Very interesting, however, if I ever did this I would probably disassemble the scanner and mold it into one of the interior panels somewhere.............pretty cool to say the least, but I can't say I'd ever do it. My to do list for my car is long enough as it is.

TheHunter

Reaction score
I have a fingerprint scanner on my computer, and honestly I wouldn't put that on my car. It's not reliable enough. Every once in a while it won't detect my finger correctly, and it usually takes a couple of tries. Also, imagine if you sliced your finger open, or got like a burn on it... then suddenly you can't start your car? :ughrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Smart thinkin lol. I think I'd rather have voice recognition, where I'd loudly say my catchphrase in a certain tone, and the car would start right up.

Til I got laryngitis.

finch13

Reaction score
^ Tell me, Mr. Anderson... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?

Matrix lollers FTW!

TheHunter

Reaction score
^ Tell me, Mr. Anderson... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?

Matrix lollers FTW!

Niiiice!

But yeah I've used voice recognition on my computer... and sometimes that can take a while to go through too. Hows about... we use keys in our ignition, with MICROCHIPS so that it has to be our key.... oh wait....

Back