starts and dies and s/b 00-024 hot soak

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, it does, barely above max adjustments.

So I will bump it up to barely -below- max adjustments. I would like to see it boil though.

cl206

Reaction score
yeah, it does, barely above max adjustments.

So I will bump it up to barely -below- max adjustments. I would like to see it boil though.

Wait sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you adjust the FPR PSI? Im just gonna learn to live with this bc I ve got other more important things to worry about. This car currently has a very very tiny oil leak which Ive read might be caused by the valve cover gasket? Also this is not my daily driver any more so it's gonna have to wait lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
a vice ;)

really.

I'll try to squish the spring, so it's higher...
10942607_10100686171414499_1417882145879258445_n.jpg

rollin around with the mod'd gauge under the hood.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Over on Drive Accord, a thread regarding this issue has popped up. While discussing the issue and the known fixes, one guy did some digging around and found a link to Honda-Tech regarding swapping over some fuel rails from a '99 Odyssey which appears to fix the issue.

james'99

Reaction score
I mean, I could see where that would work. But what is different about those two fuel rails?

Something to keep in mind, higher the fuel pressure, higher the boiling point.

Last edited:

cl206

Reaction score
Hate to bump this thread but the problem definitely returned. I was in NYC and the car was at operating temp when I made a stop on Mott street and ran to REI for like 20 minutes. Came back and started the car. It starts and then dies!

Sat in the car for about 10 minutes to let it cool and then it started.

I searched online again and found someone on youtube saying it is probably the coolant temperature sensor. I don't even know what to think but for $36, Im going to give it a try. It's not here yet but I will update. I have read about the fuel rails from the 99 ody possible solution but wanted to try this first.

Back