Stock Looking Spoiler From Ebay?

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Sucks.... That seems like a quality store, but they don't seem to currently have my exact color match...

they have one listed that's silver but listed as a different name of silver and a different color code (I'm Satin Silver Metallic - Code: NH623M)...

I may just wait til they seem to have mine listed cause it seems to come with ALL the necessary stuff like the extra strong springs and stuff like you said...

Thanks for the recommendation!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
haha yeah I guess the things that worry me most are:

1.) color matching / paint quality

2.) really LED lights.......? Or are they gonna burn out on me...

I'm thinkin of pulling the trigger...

Yup. Got mine from eBay when I got my car. I don't know about those sellers, but look for one that has pics of the spoilers looking straight down onto it in a cardboard box. Sorry, I can't be any more descriptive than that as to what seller. I have seen these auctions very frequently. Everything is oem, ACCORD is stamped into the underside of spoiler as it should, comes with trunk bars, etc. Paint matched perfect. Just find a seller that doesn't have a corny pic of just "some accord." At least get an auction that takes the time to post up a pic of the actual color spoiler, imo. good luck buddy.

i honestly haven't heard any BAD stories about oem ebay spoilers. :thumbsup:

Accord281

Reaction score
I think you are referring to the same guy I bought mine from. Yeah it was perfect. It sucks that he currently doesn't have yours in stock but yeah keep an eye on him. Side note: I bought one for 01-02 sedan. He told me it wouldn't work on my 2000 sedan, but I bought it anyway and it did fit perfectly (same mounting hole locations and all).

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Now thats interesting because the only difference I noticed was a very slight color code difference (the code from Honda) and the description of the color... But really Ive seen the silver Honda Accords from 98-02 and they all look alike...

I'm considering gettin it after what you just told me...

I did email them and asked but got no response yet...

KnightRyder

Reaction score
anyone interested in an authentic OEM coupe spoiler? its NHBP and needs to be repainted anyways.

haha sorry, had to throw it out there.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Do some research, you never know if you might find an OEM spoiler at a scrap yard.

If it comes down to ebay, I don't know about getting a painted spoiler, they usually come primered, so not much you can do about that, but just keep in mind it may not be the best quality primer/paint being used, so you may want to get it done professionally.

Pick up a primered spoiler and get a local shop to do it right for you.

Accord281

Reaction score
Now thats interesting because the only difference I noticed was a very slight color code difference (the code from Honda) and the description of the color... But really Ive seen the silver Honda Accords from 98-02 and they all look alike...

I'm considering gettin it after what you just told me...

I did email them and asked but got no response yet...

The stock spoiler on the 98-00 sedans basically comes straight down on each side. The one I got has tips that come forward. I don't see that style very often on the 6th gens. I don't know anything about the color difference between the 98-00 silver and 01-02 silver. All I can tell you is that if it is a sedan spoiler then it will fit any 98-02 sedan. Here is a photo to show you what I mean:

IMG_1052.jpg

PS: changing the torsion rods is a pain in the *** but worth it! Before I did, when I popped the trunk it didn't come up at all. Just be careful you don't break your knuckles.

Blackspike85

Reaction score
The guy on ebay that I wanted to buy from, came with the new trunk rods and all that good stuff, only offered the spoiler with the side tabs... I wanted the one that mounted flush so I have a knock off oem spoiler.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The guy on ebay that I wanted to buy from, came with the new trunk rods and all that good stuff, only offered the spoiler with the side tabs... I wanted the one that mounted flush so I have a knock off oem spoiler.

You don't hear people say that often.

It's ebay, there are more reliable seller's than other's, just make sure you don't pass up a local deal on an OEM one because you 'wanted' a knock off.

Back