SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I see you have the Ultra Racing Fender braces on your list of things to buy... assuming the ones for the tsx? Anyone ever successfully installed these on a 6th gen ?

Not to my knowledge, and there are only a couple people that have done the front under brace. Probably look at next season to get the bars on the car.

Your welcome sorry I could not have done more...LOL

No apologies necessary. It worked out, in part because of your help.

I hope that you can get your project underway soon enough as well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sweet. I'd stop by daily to check in and discuss progress/issues. Or at least call to let them know you care and are paying attention. Hope things go well!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'd love to go by often, but the shop is too out of the way to go by on a regular.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Some pics of the journey....and progress....

Snug on the flatbed, because I didn't want to risk tranny issues heading to the mechanic.

She lost some weight,

Old (foreground)/New (background)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a mostly stock swap at this point, until I get some custom parts back.

So, looks like at some point in the spring, I will have to do a bit of a tear down to swap the internals and do the upgrades that I had originally planned.

Everything seems to be going fairly well so far, they had a bit of an issue with a connector from the engine harness and tranny harness, but it may be something that can be hardwired to get around the problem.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, went by the shop on Saturday to check things out.

Engine is in, but not completely back together, exhaust is on.

Still some final wiring to be done with the engine harness and ECU as well as the completion of the swap.

Back end needs to be raised up, and since the car was outside and it was raining, I completely forgot to check if the rear sidemarkers and rear fog were wired up.

I did check out the HID kit that they installed in the fogs, quite happy with how those turned out, even though they don't match the headlights, I can live with it.....for now.

Some shots,

Very happy with how the exhaust sits/sounds, no video yet, but will get that up soon.

Yes, engine/engine bay need a GOOD cleaning.

Back