SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ummm......I haven't checked with the shop this week, however, if my connectors arrive in time, then I will get the front sidemarkers put in.

The owner is away for 10 days, so the instructions (from him to the guy working on the car) were to work on the car if/when they aren't busy, otherwise it will get finished up when he gets back.

As much as I would like to be driving my car, it's getting done, and I would rather they take their time and do it right, so, I am patient.

Still need to get tires/batteries for the car in the meantime, as well as emissions and sticker once the car is done.

Hoping I can get the tires in time to get the BBK put on as well, but we'll see.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I do apologize, haven't been able to get to the shop.

The car is done, they are just waiting for me to drop off some parts to finish up the last couple of things.

Wiring issues were sorted out, car should be in my possession near the end of next week/by the weekend.

I am hoping it will be done on Thursday in time to take it for a little run.

There really wasn't much more to post up than what I already have, since the car only got finished in the last couple of days.

Will have more pics soon.

Just wish the engine was completely finished the way I was hoping so that at least there would have been some colour/and performance going on.

In due time......

The next time I have an update for this thread, I should have some decent pics to put up of how it looks with the work done.

008_zpsaeb6e931.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You know what, I was thinking "why hasn't he taken a photo of the interior so we can see what the shifter and trim looks like?", then realized it would look the same lol.

So yeah, I look forward to engine bay shots. :)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Derek, I just read through this whole thread. And I think this is the first time I have actually seen a picture of your car. Lol.

Also good luck on your swap/ getting it done. Hopefully one day soon, I can get on the road to doing mine

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You know what, I was thinking "why hasn't he taken a photo of the interior so we can see what the shifter and trim looks like?", then realized it would look the same lol.

So yeah, I look forward to engine bay shots. :)

hahaha...yeah, the interior doesn't really look any different than what I have already posted up on here.

Derek, I just read through this whole thread. And I think this is the first time I have actually seen a picture of your car. Lol.

Also good luck on your swap/ getting it done. Hopefully one day soon, I can get on the road to doing mine

Haha, Evan, haven't really posted alot of pics of it, nothing special to look at, especially with the lip kit off......for now.

The swap is actually already done, just have to drop off some parts for some exterior work to get done, and it should be ready to drive home on Thursday.

Praying for no issues when I go for my e-test.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
....Haha, Evan, haven't really posted alot of pics of it, nothing special to look at, especially with the lip kit off......for now.

The swap is actually already done, just have to drop off some parts for some exterior work to get done, and it should be ready to drive home on Thursday.

Praying for no issues when I go for my e-test.

That's awesome. Hope it all works out and to see this in Memphis.
I want the J32, but I will settle for a 6-speed at the time and then J32 later if I keep the car, most likely I will. To be honest, this motor/tranny is doing exceptionally well for the mileage.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That's awesome. Hope it all works out and to see this in Memphis.
I want the J32, but I will settle for a 6-speed at the time and then J32 later if I keep the car, most likely I will. To be honest, this motor/tranny is doing exceptionally well for the mileage.

Thanks, Man. I'd like to run the 6spd setup with it as well, but that will be later on after I get another DD. I only went through all this now since the tranny went. I don't blame you for sticking with what's working.

Went by the shop this past weekend on my birthday to drop off some stuff. Car will be done this Wednesday.

Took some shots of the TL wheels on.

VERY happy with how the wheels sit/look. Wasn't sure if I would need spacers or not, but after seeing them on, I can live with them as is.

Few things left to get done on Wednesday, and then the car will finally be back home.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Nice to see that thing in much better shape...looking forward to seeing it with the lip kit on again.

Back