SykVSyx - and so it begins....

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, can't wait to do my swap ...

PS.. Is the rear fog lamp wired to turn on with the front?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It's supposed to be.

I did mention to them I may have another customer to get a swap done, having you in mind.

Did you find a shop to do it yet?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be.

I did mention to them I may have another customer to get a swap done, having you in mind.

Did you find a shop to do it yet?

No, not yet. I am sitting down with the guys at OptionJDM this Friday. I talked to Boost Theory they quoted 2500ish. May drop by Altech as well this Friday as it's on the way.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good price quote from BT.

Agreed, but the guy told me straight up, he'd prefer not to do it, they'd much rather slap on turbos onto the existing J30A1. The other thing is BT wants me to order all the parts myself, they don't wanna be doing any part searching etc. Still talking to a few other spots.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^You're better off sourcing and buying your own parts. There are so many specifics and details, and they could easily miss something. Plus they're not going to look for the cheapest place to buy things for you. i.e. a new OEM flywheel is +$400 and you can get a resurfaced one from Paul for under $200.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
^You're better off sourcing and buying your own parts. There are so many specifics and details, and they could easily miss something. Plus they're not going to look for the cheapest place to buy things for you. i.e. a new OEM flywheel is +$400 and you can get a resurfaced one from Paul for under $200.

Agreed, I know what you're saying.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

+1, I still don't have everything single thing, but that is because of custom work that needs to be done, and that will be for next season, anyway.

You are better off not leaving it to the shop to get the parts, it took alot of research and questions, but, the info is out there for everything you would need for a swap.

It will help keep your costs under control as well. I think the only thing the shop I went to had to provide is wiring for the rear fog/rear sidemarkers, and that's only because I hadn't had a chance to pick that up prior.

There will be some hiccups, especially if it's a shop that hasn't done it before, but it's figured out easily enough when they have guys who know the basics and know their way around an engine bay.

I think the other upside is that if the shop is able to take their time, it helps to figure out issues that may come up as well.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Just that, you can use the rotors from the '03-'07 Honda Pilot.

It requires the brackets that Paul(NVA-AV6) used to make, though.

Allows you to run the larger Honda Pilot rear rotors.

Back