THE Suspension Review Thread

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein S-Tech on KYB GR-2
Price paid and from where: Free (off of wrecked accord) and from Bronx, NY
Pros:gives a decent drop to comfort the bad roads in NYC!!!!
Cons:Shocks suck ***.... the worst shocks on earth
Final verdict:good way to start, but just for a short while, get good shocks

Brand & model: D2 coilovers
Price paid and from where: $720 from HIBoost 1.9
Pros:The best coilovers i've rode on (compared to FnF type2 and Tein SS)
Cons:They dont make a electronic dampner system to control inside the car :furious:
Final verdict:I would say the best setup to use if you gonna dump your car

murderedaccord

Reaction score
brand: D2 RS TYPE full coilovers
PURCHASED: $750 plus shipping carshopusa.com
PROS: 0-4 inch drop 36way adjustable anodized so no rust full threaded body so no changing preload on spring wich is great and very comfortable ride for the drop
CONS: none so far ill update in a month

VERDICT: great ride easy install took about 2 hours to install and adjust height and dampning great look extremly pleased :147703263745b138a51

chasnsx

Reaction score
Brand: Tanabe DF210 springs with Tokico Illumina shocks
Purchased: $650.00 for everything from Ebay.
Pros: Adjustable shocks, great ride on the middle setting. 2" drop in front, 1.5" drop in back. No boat look. Car just clears the driveway with an Apex WS2 exhaust. The drop works well with 17" aggressive offset wheels.
Cons: Make sure you buy some shock boots for the front because your stockers will be shot. The rear springs are not real strong, and the back of your car will sit lower if you have subwoofers in your trunk. I also wish the front had maybe another 1/4" of drop. I would cut half a coil off the front springs if I thought it wouldn't foul up the car's ride or handling.

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
BRAND-ksport pro 36 way adjustable
FROM- intense power
PRICE-$725 out the door new
PROS-for those who want a slammed ride(my car is slammed and still has about 2into go), easy to install, 36 way adjustable
CON(S)- I think it's a pain to adjust and get the right height
FINAL VERDICT- love the ride quality,adjustability(dampening) for the price it is defenatly a great buy

vu 6thgen

Reaction score
Brand & model: Eibach Springs and Tokico Blues
Price paid and from where: $400-500 from someone on Craigslist
Pros: These feel almost like OEM. Very comfertable and smooth ride, even in uneven pavement. As for performance, car feels very planted and stable. The drop is also very nice about 2" all around if I remember.
Cons: I cannot think of any. Except... too soft? hahaha
Final verdict: I would highly recommend this combo or Tein Springs with Tokico Blues. Very the price you pay, the results are wonderful.

Brand and Model: NEX Coilovers
Price paid and from where: $700 Ebay
Pros: Will drop your car and tuck tire. When driving enthusiastically, it feels very stable and planted. On even pavement, it is in my opinion, lightly rougher than stock.
Cons: On uneven pavement, say goodbye to ride quality because it is harsh!
Final Verdict: for $700, you can buy a better combo like tokico blues with tein springs.

Brand & model: Progress 24mm TLS Rear Sway Bar
Price paid and from where: $150
Pros: Great rear sway bar, you can definitely see the difference between your OEM rsb and the Progress. With aggressive turns, you can whip out the rear. It is a big bar compared to the OEM one and works wonders.
Cons: For the sedan 4cyl, I know you have to cut or bend one of the exhaust hangers.
Final verdict: Best RSB I can think of. Also, best mod you can get for the money.

Brand & model: Tein SS-P (with pillow ball mount)
Price paid and from where: $1100 (practically brand new from a friend)
Pros: Was a real breeze to install and it definitely feels like OEM if not slightly stiffer. The ride quality is awesome and I could no be happier.
Cons: Ride height adjustability is decent. However, you can max it out and look a little better.
Final verdict: I would definitely consider the Tein SS-P's if anyone were to look into suspensions.

Last edited:

all.i.see

Reaction score
Brand & model: D2 RS Coilovers
Price paid and from where:800 + shipping from bay
Pros: 0-4in drop you can pretty much put you frame and inch off the ground, 36 way adjustable dampening, stiff but not too stiff.
Cons: Not that big of a difference between stiffest and softest dampening setting. But thats the only con so far.
Final verdict: Great coilovers! Love them so far only had them on for about a month but im in love with them. The streets around where I live aren't too shabby so i thought getting coilovers id be bouncing all over the place like in my buddies EG but there not like that at all. Really smooth stiff ride, still bounce around some just not off the walls. All in all I love them no complaints so far. Recommend to all what want to slam and still have a comfortable ride.

Last edited:

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan Racing EZ Street Coilovers

Price paid and from where: 799.99 CND +200$ shipping From autodream in Calgary

Pros: Super Easy install, followed directions found in a coilover thread, rides great! 15 dampener settings and amazing easy ride height adjustment, spins by hand (need to keep threads super clean though)

Cons: Recently installed so not much to give here. But when i got the coilovers, the springs were all set at different preloads from the manufacturer, but with knowledge and a measuring tape you can figure it out.
Also the instructions looked like it was a raw translation from some Asian language to english

Final verdict: I'd reccommend them to anyone.. i wanted FF2's but they were 1500 to get them to me...

RallyMachine

Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan Racing EZ Street Coilovers

Price paid and from where: $610 from eBay w/ 10% off coupon

Pros: Great, soft, comfortable ride, perfect for daily driving (I have a 50 mile commute every day). Took my entire family for a ride and they hardly noticed a difference from oem suspension and height. 15-way damper adjustability. Will put your car on the ground if you want. Awesome value for the price.

Cons: Since the spring rates are so soft the damper adjustability doesn't do a whole lot. I guess you can add more comfort but i run mine on the 2nd from the stiffest and its a good balance between stiff dampening and soft springs. Not great if you're looking for track or a very aggressive suspension set up. Fronts and rears came at different ride heights from the factory so it took a little adjustment.

Final verdict: Great coilovers for the money! I've had them on for about 5000 miles now and they ride great! Definitely a noticeable improvement in cornering and weight transfer (brake, acc, turns). I'd recommend them to anyone daily driving their accord.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Brand: F2 Type one

Price& where: $400, classified ad on VAdriven.com

Pros They get LOW! easy to adjust.

Cons UCAs hit, ride gets somewhat bouncy on bumpy roads nothing crazy, but it doesnt bother me

Final Verdict im happy i made the urchase. the type ones are a GREAT set up for people who want to go low and are willing to accept a little bounce every now and then.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Brand: F2 Type 1 Full Coilovers

Price & where: $610 free shipping from StreetRays.com

Pros: super easy to install, you can get verrry low and render your vehicle undriveable (you get the point), tighter handling than stock (much tighter), very easy to adjust, light weight.

Cons: spring rate could be stiffer.

Final Verdict: Very happy. They are only around 600 bucks and a very decent set of coilovers for a first time buyer. StreetRays.com is very good company to go through and the ride quality is close to the comfort of stock! Great product for the money.

Back