Tires rubbing in the rear? - clicky

changaroo

Reaction score
sorry to bump this old thread, but...

did your tires not rub off the bumper tabs? i'm not sure if i need to dremel mine, or just let the tires eat away at it naturally lol...

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i highly doubt it'll rub out naturally, im sure your tires would show wear before the bumper tab did. at least thats what it looked like on my tires. you probably dont even need a dremel, just a fresh razor blade and firm pressure and that should be enough to cut through the bumper material.

changaroo

Reaction score
dinz - the two screws on the side you said that arent used anymore, if they arent in place, wont that cause the bumper to flap around?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You just have to relocate the screws closer to the rear of the car. About an inch back from the original mounting point if I remember correctly. Kevin and I did this on his coupe but it was about a year ago so it's tough to remember.

Last edited:

changaroo

Reaction score
i cant do it on my car, because the bit metal tab is in the way. :(

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but I think what we did was just cut off enough of that metal tab so the tire would clear it. There was still enough of the tab left to screw it back in.

**** where is Kevin?? KEVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!?!?!?!

changaroo

Reaction score
im assuming you guys just used a self tapping screw? cause right now it screws into that plastic white piece.

Back