turning my 02 v6 into the ultimate storm chasing vehicle

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
lol well my accord is already pretty smashed up from chasing over the summer plus i want something with power that moves pretty quick lol:147703263745b138a51

you want speed and your first thought is 6th gen accord, oooookkkkk:rofl:

blkdout6

Reaction score
i owe to much to trade it in and anyways my car is still pretty quick its got the v6 got aem intake and racing headers. Plus some chasers use like old pathfinders and chevy cobalts and everyone knows how slow and those cars are:henry:

Last edited:

CHID0

Reaction score
When i google "tornado chasing vehicles" i get the two extremes....what looks to be full armor plated trucks to little fords with a a few antennas on a roof rack. What exactly are you looking to build? Do you have a model that your following?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Don't you also need some ground clearance? I mean I would think with all the debris flying around, downed power lines or trees, etc, or if you had to ford some water or go across a field to get to another road for a good shot that you'd want something with some more clearance than an Accord. And something that is actually meant for a brush guard.

But I'm not a storm chaser so what do I know? lol

Last edited:

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Plus some chasers use chevy cobalts

You typed the words right off of my keyboard. :) We watch "storm chasers" and I laugh when I see the one "crew" that drives the 4 door cobalt. They never get real close to the action though. Then again, they're not "armored up" either.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Thule also makes solid racks. I wanna see a 6th gen armored up like freaking death race style. :lawl:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I cant believe anyone didnt suggest this in the first place?

You should sell or trade your accord for a police cruiser. They have the power you need, they come with a heavy duty transmission, a nice rear end geared to high speeds. Heavy duty suspension, run flat tires and some even have a push bar in the front. You can get one with around 100k for like 2 grand or less.

They are strong and very reliable. A police Interceptor crown vic would probably be the only american car I'd own.

Back