Unoffcial 5Spd swap list

cdmstn

Reaction score
If I swap my F23 eng+auto tran for an H22a w/5 speed, what are the biggest problems i'll run into?

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Hey there, i'm very interested in making my 6th gen (02) manual. I've heard the h23 tranny have a different bolt pattern, this true?

Also, when you say i need the 02 manual ecu.. what does this mean...? Like a stock ecu out of a manual of the same make, year, model as mine?

I heard of people wiring 3 wires to the ecu with no problems... but what about this rev limiter... what are my options?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Hey there, i'm very interested in making my 6th gen (02) manual. I've heard the h23 tranny have a different bolt pattern, this true?

false, my car has an h23 tranny in it now. no issue

Also, when you say i need the 02 manual ecu.. what does this mean...? Like a stock ecu out of a manual of the same make, year, model as mine?

you need a manual ecu to control the car. your auto ecu cannot 100% control the manual in your car.

I heard of people wiring 3 wires to the ecu with no problems... but what about this rev limiter... what are my options?[/QUOTE]

rev limiter can be adjusted while tuning

SuperMidget

Reaction score
excellent, thanks so much for the tips, is it ok to PM you with any questions/problems i run into?
Also, what year accord is this guide based on?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
you can pm me if you need to ask specific questions.

i did this swap on a 02 SE

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Ya that's what I have.

Now, is yours turbo or NA?
And you said you have the h23 tranny in now?

That's the tranny I want to swap for...

Back