Unoffcial 5Spd swap list

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I am planing on doing this swap over the Christmas holidays. I am lucky and found an whole 5 speed parts car. it got t-boned on the passenger side and a pillar got bent in a little bit. got the car for dirt cheap. I seen a few pages back some talk about the reverse lights. I am going to switch out the ECUs . will i be covered and still have my reverse lights with the swap is all done? 4 spd A/T to the 5spd M/t

you still have to wire reverse lights in. they are simple to do

Ok , the clutch pedal has two connectors. Since I'm swapping it from auto to manual those connectors that attach to the pedal shouldn't be there. Pretty sure these are very important, how can i connect these to my car ???:skurred:

one is a sensor to prevent the car from being started unless the clutch pedal is pressed and the other one is for cruise control

perspective

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the driver's side axle and the intermediate shaft. Honda doesn't make em' anymore. Are yunkyards my only option???? what about other companies, that might make the axle and shaft for my vehicle?:wtf1:

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most junkyards won't seperate them so they should have them complete. Have you tried car-part.com? - Worst case, the junkyard near me might still have one on the 5spd sedan up there.

perspective

Reaction score
Yeah I got alot of parts from car-part. You might find this amusing... I can't figure out how to search for it in the parts list in car-part.com I tried axle and found axle shaft .. not sure if this is the same . :computer:

perspective

Reaction score
when I order the axle and shaft, do I have to be careful and ask for anything specific ( nuts, bolts or gaskets) my car should have everything for it exept the 3 bolts that hold the shaft right? (which are listed in the first page ) Since honda don't sell any parts for these

Back