What do you think the Trade-in value of your accord is

[email protected].

Reaction score
Dealers can fudge too much on both ends of the deal. It wouldn't matter if they told you they were giving you $8K for your car, 'cuz then they just don't come down as much on the car you're buying.

Most people don't want to take the time and effort to sell their car privately, and they know that they can take it off your hands for less than it's worth.

If your trade is actually worth something, and you know what the bottom price is they'll sell the new car for, then it may work to your advantage; in WI you only pay sales tax on the differnce in value. So on a $5K trade, we'd save $250+ in taxes by trading in.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
tooo modded to be traded in

its gonna live with me, its gonna die with me

haha, I thought it was funny the dealer that offered me $4k said they wanted to take it modded. I said if I ever traded it in, I'd put the stock shocks/springs back on and a few other parts, but they said they'd give me less for it that way. They thought they'd sell it quicker by having it look "sporty" to another college kid.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My car is worth more to me than I'll ever get for it. I'm pretty set on keeping it and turning it into a project car (engine/trans swap w/sc) after I buy my TL.

But if I had to guess...no more than $5k. The interior/exterior are in great shape, and the only mechanical problem is the ABS light is on due to a wheel speed sensor needing replaced. I think what would bring down the value of my car is the mileage. I'm at 121K now.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
haha, I thought it was funny the dealer that offered me $4k said they wanted to take it modded. I said if I ever traded it in, I'd put the stock shocks/springs back on and a few other parts, but they said they'd give me less for it that way. They thought they'd sell it quicker by having it look "sporty" to another college kid.

that's odd, normally they offer you less if it's been modded :confused:

9450erick

Reaction score
it makes no sense selling y ppl would try to sell there car
ur gonna get nothing for it anyways might as well keep it for a project car or a rainy day lol
u can do a whole grip with a car u dont want.
experiment with painting/ f**kin destroy that **** for effin scientifical purposes.
to me it would be the stupidest idea to sell ma car./because its old, bruised and abused.
good luck with sale though:lolhitting:

hondachik

Reaction score
It depends on the dealership I believe. They know Honda's have a higher resale value and that people are always on the lot looking for them because they have such great reputation for being good cars. I mean, every light on the dash could be on, and the car is still going. I personally was going to trade my car in this January, but the more I think about it, I would never ever get from the dealership what I've put in to this car. They'd probably only offer me what I paid for my rims/tires alone. On the other hand, I would like a newer car, but I wouldn't want that car note. I think that I'd rather fix all the probs with my Accord and save that $200-$350 car note otherwise spent on a new TL. I'd still come out cheaper. Plus, that 2010 6GA Members Ride video gave me great motivation to realize I really do love my 6GA.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
i consider selling mine every day for a prelude or an older wrx or civic si. but i dont think i would get much for it and i know it has great potential. so im just gonna wait a lil longer and see what happens.

Back