Whats your MPG on a full tank?

Varnell

Reaction score
Best into work today was 45.6mpg I was at 46.0 till the last light before my parking ramp combined with a parking ramp killed my ending average. A LOT of coasting downhill behind semis and speeds generally never exceeding 65mph if traffice permitted I was doing 55-60mph. Even at two car lengths you can ride their draft it's awesome. Also my in town mpg has changed I can chug along in fifth gear at 30-35mph. resulting it upping my mileage at the start and end of my commute.

I'm not sure you should be riding in 5th gear at 30-35mpg. Semis get pissed when I coast them. Also be careful with that. If you ride to far away you're actually subjecting yourself to more drag.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Not even close to any of these numbers! 50 to 100 miles of city driving a day. Not trying to worry about coasting or any of that good stuff, just get in and go. Good for you guys though.

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
For city driving one key thing to remember is gently accelerating from dead stops. I was told early on that that is a great way to save some gas, and never really understood it until I tried it for a week.

Also our transmissions will thank you for the gentleness :D

cmgreensr

Reaction score
For city driving one key thing to remember is gently accelerating from dead stops. I was told early on that that is a great way to save some gas, and never really understood it until I tried it for a week.

Also our transmissions will thank you for the gentleness :D

Just clocked 232k today so I don't think my trans cares too much anymore and around here, sometimes you can pull out gently and sometimes that will get you killed.:doh:

zxtuner

Reaction score
I'm not sure you should be riding in 5th gear at 30-35mpg. Semis get pissed when I coast them. Also be careful with that. If you ride to far away you're actually subjecting yourself to more drag.

I only drive 30-35 when I'm in town and the limit premits it. Any specific concern on going that slow in that high of a gear?

On the Highway if no one is around me 55-60mph. When people start creeping up I will increase to 65-70mph just to not impeed them any more than nessacery for them to pass. As far as drafting semis I will keep a legal distance down hill sometimes gets close but I don't want a reason for a LEO to stop either. I will compermise milage for safety any day of the week. :)

Last edited:

Rush12049

Reaction score
Anywhere from 325-350 miles per tank, V6 sedan, About 80% highway miles. Occasional A/C usage. Commute to work is only about 15 minutes one way. Driving "normally" with the occasional hit of the VTEC.

Last edited:

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I just clocked my car at 35.55mpg straight on the interstate at 80mph. Drove 332.4 miles on 9.35gal of fuel. I'm happy, that's with 300lbs of people and god knows how much weight in luggage (bikes and all) in the trunk!

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
Best into work today was 45.6mpg I was at 46.0 till the last light before my parking ramp combined with a parking ramp killed my ending average. A LOT of coasting downhill behind semis and speeds generally never exceeding 65mph if traffice permitted I was doing 55-60mph. Even at two car lengths you can ride their draft it's awesome. Also my in town mpg has changed I can chug along in fifth gear at 30-35mph. resulting it upping my mileage at the start and end of my commute.

bullshit

no way do you get anywhere near 45 mpg. going 30-35 mph in 5th gear would be sooooooo inefficient, your RPMs would drop to sub 1000 which is gonna strain the engine. Maybe if you were going 45 or 50 in 5th gear.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Hmmmm, not sure about MPG, but I filled up and drove from Owensboro, KY to Hopkinsville, KY, drove around a bit, then drove to Clarksville, TN, drove around a bit, and then drove to Nashville, TN, drove back to Clarksville, TN, then drove to Jackson, TN, drove around a bit, and got just over 400 miles to the tank. I'd say that is a win :beer:

pinoy209

Reaction score
350-400 range full tank. City/highway, mainly city driving tho.
I havent taken her on a rd trip yet.

-f23a4 5spd intake/2 1/4 pipe.

Back