Whats your MPG on a full tank?

Compeek

Reaction score
Re: what is your MPG???

I have a 2000 V6 also. I drive probably 80-90% highway (55mph rural roads), and I've averaged just barely over 25mpg for the time I've had the car (since early January of this year). It's just me in the car more often than not, and the rest of the time it's usually one other person.

In the winter, I was happy to hit 24. In the summer, when I'm not using the A/C a lot, I can expect an easy 26 and maybe 27. A/C has been killing it for me lately since it's just too hot out not to use it (heat index has been over 100 this week), so I've been getting 25 mostly.

With nothing but interstate driving, it's over 30, but I don't drive on the interstate much.

I drove a car full of people for about a 50 mile round trip, and when I filled up the next time after that, it didn't seem to have affected my gas mileage much (50 miles out of a total ~150 miles for that fill up, if I remember, so if that trip was killing my gas mileage, I'd know it when I calculated it for the whole fill up). That was still highway driving, though.

So yeah, 17 does seem a bit low, and I'm no expert on this, but I would think you could get close to 20.

nuseah

Reaction score
There is this neat app that I'm using to track my MPG and just to ensure that the app is accurate, I've manually validated some of the calculations so as far as I'm concerned, the followings stats are accurate.

Anyway, my car's a '02, 5spd, coupe, 4-cylinder, and I do a lot of highway, but do a good share of city driving as well.

In my previous 19 fill ups:

- Minimum was 24.71
- Maximum was 32.36
- Running average is 29.07

Narftastic

Reaction score

i can get near 400miles/tank w/ my v6. try sea foaming your car. may gain a few mpgs. if you dont know how to pm me and i'll give you step by step

Seafoam scares me lol i heard if u put to much in there the engine sieze up or something

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Wow you 4cyl get good gas milage. I took out my AEM fic, now my car is running rich :( i'm only getting about 26mpg vs my 33+ mixed. *sigh*

Bax

Reaction score

Seafoam scares me lol i heard if u put to much in there the engine sieze up or something
The engine will sputter while you do it, you just feed the seafoam in little by little. You can tell when your engine is pretty much saying "HOLD ON A **** MINUTE" :lawl:

But its easy to do. :)

speaking of... i think its time for me to do it again.

and its also fun afterwards because you get to fumigate your neighborhood with white smoke for a few minutes. haha

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Problem with seafoam is the process that the particulates moves throught your chambers and systems, and the potential damages it may cause while that happens....

Back