xxr quality

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
XXR are cast, not forged. That means they are heavier and weaker. Heard a lot of ppl easily cracking (not bending) XXR rims from a decent sized pothole

kamekaze89

Reaction score
I'm running XXR 527's. I paid $500 for all four from nlmotoring.com. I really can't complain. The paint does come off a bit too easily, but I planned on plastidipping them eventually.

I'm not sure how crack resistant they are since I'm like a grandma when driving over road imperfections. lol

Have you received your rims? how do you like them?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
IMG_6971.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score
I saw that pic. Looked more like a side impact wreck.

Definitely something to think about, though. Nice to know the brembo's held up since they are twice as expensive as the wheel setup. lol

Kamekaze: yea, check out my ride thread.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Had 2 sets in the past. Daily'd one set from 2009-2011 and one set from 2011-2013 and never really had paint issues or chipping. No bends or cracks after using them. And they've always held air just fine, whereas I had a friend with some expensive 3-pc wheels that always leaked air. I would say as long as you don't drive your car as if it was a truck and roll over potholes and bumps, then XXR's are fine...

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Had 2 sets in the past. Daily'd one set from 2009-2011 and one set from 2011-2013 and never really had paint issues or chipping. No bends or cracks after using them. And they've always held air just fine, whereas I had a friend with some expensive 3-pc wheels that always leaked air. I would say as long as you don't drive your car as if it was a truck and roll over potholes and bumps, then XXR's are fine...

QFT.

I'm more than happy with mine. But it all depends. No matter what the price or quality there are always going to be people who have bad experiences with the product.

Back