Your Accord Purchase, when and why?

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
Purchased: December 17 2010
Why? I was (am) 16 and needed a car to get around. So I was looking around and dealers wanted roughly $4.5k for similar cars, and that was a lot more money than I had. So my friend told me his cousin was selling a car for $2500, so I jumped on it and got it for a bit less, actually. So main reason is that it was cheap, looked good, I like it, and is in relatively good condition, save for the autotragic is on it's last legs. (still on the original after 196k miles...).

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Purchased: 2003 (maybe 2002 don't remember off the top of my head)
Why?: I started getting panic attacks. I was afraid to drive in general. My Talon had some issues in the past that made me not trust the car for a DD. I had 2 dangerous situations in that car. Honestly, I had 2 Accords previously, 4th and 5th gen (I didn't own the 5th gen but I was DDing a 71 Jaguar so I would borrow it a lot lol).

Basically, because of my situation, and never owning a great car, I chose an accord. I only planned on keeping for about a year or 2. I actually had my Talon for 2 years after I bought my Accord.

Honestly, in retrospect I wish I bought a TL-S or a 7th gen, I liked the body style of this gen but it's way too damn slow. I needed a stick (never have had an auto in my life) so this was not the choice for me. That said, I will probably keep it for a long while. I want a really nice car and hopefully I can get one soon. I want to keep this as a DD because as a hip hop musician, I am in places where I shouldn't be driving a nice car and have confidence it will stay nice, or there sometimes.

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
Purchased:2009/Super Stock :hihi:
My dad bought his 2001 Accord Value Package brand new and drove it around his small town in Ohio till my senior year of high school when I was in need of a car. For the price of gas and the oil change, he drove it down with EVERYTHING stock (brakes, tires, windsheild wipers, everything still working fine) to Texas for me as a senior gift. After almost 3 years, changing parts and 2 small accidents, I have my Couger as it is today, old, clean and with a few add ons. :leeann:
I'm still new to 6thgenaccord tho

Looneytune

Reaction score
Bought april 2010

Why: Originally wanted a 4 door Gsr. But I liked the way the accord looked, got is a present for good grades. Made straight A's for like 3 report cards straight to get it.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Purchased: September 2010
Why?: I had my first car for 2.5 years, and I bought it simply because it was cheap and I had cash ($1400 :hihi:) Then I found craigslist, and kicked my *** for 2.5 years after.
Then last summer I wanted to get a new car, and had been looking for a 6thgen all summer, and found one at a small dealership, but the price was too high. Then one Saturday morning, my dad told me about an accord that was in good condition, and cheap. Turns out he was telling me about the one I bought 2 days later.

EscoStylez

Reaction score
Purchased: Summer 2003
Why?:My 1st car was a 1991 Ford Taurus it was a hand me down since my mom bought it in 91 to my sister then to me in 2002 i finally got a car big body loved the hell out of that taurus sprayed painted bumpers, metal and tan paint job no A/C and only the right rear window open half way (I live in florida sh*t sucked) V6 it might not be a big deal now but with no job V6 was a *****...anyway i got a great paying part time job a month later went car shopping wanted a Honda since my sister had a 5th gen so I one up her and looked for a 6thgen lol payed $9k... 8yrs later and 100k miles that I put on her she still running like a champ....

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Purchased: May 2008
Why? Dad saw it on Craigslist and immediately wanted to see it. Impulsively, he bought it. Why? Because he said it was a reliable car. 20,000 miles later the tranny blows...

Back