★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 10/21/11*

With the help of Devin and Alex, got the car running with the AEM EMS and a basemap that I am still working on. Got the idle near perfect, now need to fine tune the ignition timing, then work on the curves going into the powerband.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

With the help of Devin and Alex, got the car running with the AEM EMS and a basemap that I am still working on. Got the idle near perfect, now need to fine tune the ignition timing, then work on the curves going into the powerband.

Glad we could help out, the AEM software is alot to learn at first and is overwhelming honestly. But glad to know you got it running and everything last night! Keep up the good work!

akoutmos

Reaction score

No prob buddy. Be sure to do the initial timing setup with the timing light. Also when doing ignition timing a good rule of thumb is pull 1 degree of timing for every pound of boost. That'll get you to a drivable state. Don't add too much timing and keep an eye on that knock sensor. Try to get your vacuum map as good as possible before going to boost.

bruinlax22

Reaction score

sick build dude, good luck with it moving forward :bowdown:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Well small update here. Like I said, got it idling perfectly with the EMS, but I believe there is still a problem with the MAP sensor that I will look into tomorrow. It refuses to read accurate engine load (kPa), and reads it statically at 136.xx. I think wiring is wrong, but I need to recheck it and if I do not find the error, I am unsure of what could be the issue - perhaps I was sold a broken 3.0 BAR MAP. I hope this isn't the case.

Decided to plug up the P28, just so I could drive it from the garage, to Oklahoma City - 1.5 hours away. Ran without a problem! The only thing, oil pressure was a little high remaining between 40-80 the whole way, but it didn't overheat or have any other issues. In fact, the half-size aluminum radiator keeps the engine temps cooler than the stock one! In fact, it pulled as hard as ever in vacuum state, spooling right below the box. Wish I could already be boosting, but I will have to wait till Monday, or as late as next week for the real tune.

Brought all my parts and tools from the shop, so basically I am done with any building and mechanics in this fourth stage of the build, and am focusing only on tuning, and learning the AEM EMS standalone.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score

my favorite part of aem is 2step anti lag. makes it sound like gun shots.

akoutmos

Reaction score

^ I have 2 step set up on mine. But i wouldn't run anti-lag on a daily driver. Anti-lag eats turbos.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

Nikita, come to Abilene Tx for a weekend. you can stay at my house and we can do the engine swap in my driveway... no big deal ha

but really, stuff sounds like its workin for ya man! grats!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

very nice progress man! siked to see new numbers.one of the few people thats boosting stock internals like me..so lets keep the hope alive! ha
maybe off topic,but our stock MAP sensors are good till about 12/13psi correct? or no

and if I can ask,how much power did you make on the dyno when your ring popped? Ik this thread explained it but it was the tuners fault?

akoutmos

Reaction score

^ stock accord map sensor is good for about 11psi

Back