1/4 mile times

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
D3 will also work like that in some ways... but I believe it still dosent rev up to the full Red Line...
I just cant wait for my 5spd to come in...

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Thats weird, my car always hits 6,500 rPm if not more when im floor it, sometimes the needle will run a good ways into redline. IDK if thats good or bad

turboputz

Reaction score
15.5 @ 90 a while back

A couple of years back I ran a 15.5 at 90 mph at Lebanon Valley. This was my first and only time at the strip.

I had a ghetto-*** generic nitrous set up that was supposedly jetted for 55 hp, but was probably making 40-50. On the last of three runs I finally lowered my tire pressure to the point where it hooked pretty good, and I hit all the gears perfect. I found out about a week later when I flicked the switch that I must've been out of nitrous at the end of that. I gave the guy in the lane next to me a good run for his money. He had an old V8 muscle car (not super modded though looked stock) and I was dead even with him a couple of times.

At the time I had I/H/E/plugs/wires, the 50 shot and a ZEX bottle warmer. Also had and still do a centerforce dual friction clutch to hold the power. The solenoid started making a clicking noise so I took that crap off a while ago.

Now I have I/H/E/pulleys/plugs/wires/grounding kit/7 lb fidanza flywheel/ and an M2S4 trans swap, and I think this set up could match or beat that 15.5 with practice.

Nitrous is fun **** and the F23 handled it fine and still runs like a top. I've thought about going back to the bottle with a ZEX kit, but I live in the city now and I would never get to use it. Back home I would just open up the bottle for coming home from snowboarding or whatever and dust people off on the highway just for kicks. Now its just light to light crap.

Anyways I'm still happy with my 15.5 @90 and I'd like to get out there again, but I am much more interested in getting in on some auto-x.

Probably the best part of that day was beating this guys prelude on the highway up there. 80-120 mph full tank of nitrous, longer gears, no extra weight, teh accord owned that lude.:chucklesfawk:

Dracord

Reaction score
14.9 @ 93, 2.28 60 foot
DSC00721.jpg

10psi

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
everyone talking about redline, my accord na made peak power at 5500rpms, so if i revd it any higher, i would be falling on my face.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
everyone talking about redline, my accord na made peak power at 5500rpms, so if i revd it any higher, i would be falling on my face.

same here, my peak whp was at 5450rpms. but the conclusion i think everyone is trying to come to when mentioning the redlining is that when you do, and then shift manually, the car will stay in the powerband. but doing this a numerous amount of times can really mess up your tranny.

Sonnick

Reaction score
We make peak power so low because our stock cam sucks. If we had a better cam, look for that peak power to be up around redline.

I'm going back to the track soon hopefully. So I will have a new, hopefully better time for you guys. I'm really hoping for 15.5 with just I/H/E, and I know it's possible with my 89.5 mph trap. So.....................................we'll see :thumbsup:

Back