Accord coupe CG2 dash swap.

Mikey

Reaction score
Dammit Puzzle. Did you have to quote the whole thing? :lawl:

DH, this is awesome! With it being so easy, I can't believe more people haven't done it. Curious to see how you handle the cupholders.

Do all the lights and gauges and everything work as they should? I thought the CL used a dual climate control or am I mistaken? If it did, did it work as it should as well?

DH48

Reaction score
Also, could you swap out just the gauges without swapping the rest of the dash?

Nop. The CL-s gauges are bigger then the accord. It would not fit. The friend who was doing the CL-s swap wanted to but the gauges in his accord but as he found out they did not fit so i was able to snag it for myself.

DH48

Reaction score
Dammit Puzzle. Did you have to quote the whole thing? :lawl:

DH, this is awesome! With it being so easy, I can't believe more people haven't done it. Curious to see how you handle the cupholders.

Do all the lights and gauges and everything work as they should? I thought the CL used a dual climate control or am I mistaken? If it did, did it work as it should as well?

If you get all the part and i mean all, even interior radiator and blower mode box it will work as it should if you just get the dash, climat control you will have to rewire the vent. mode motor as it has 10 wires (accord has ...think it was 7). All buttons work on the climate control only problem i did have was that vent mode but a repin of the motor plug on the vent box.

Dual mode i think was in the 04 CL and TL. This does not have an option for the dual mode.

Bat part is if you do not want the screen or you cannot get the NAVI then you will have to figure out on how to get the AC to turn off without the screen as the button is on that. Am working on it at the moment as i want to delete the screen and add something else there....dont ask what still thinking.

Other then that all that i can think of works. As mos of you have a proper OBD2 build accord the temp gauge should not be a problem (EU got a the coupe with OBD2 ecu but has a OBD1 data connector and ecu works like OBD 1 and 2 mixed up). What i am talking about is that OBD2 sends the engine temp to the ecu that turns it into a impulse and then sends it to the cluster that turns it into the proper voltage and indicates the right temp. If you just connect the temp sensor to the cluster you will have the temp gauge stay at C for a few min until the engine warms and then it will skyrocket to H. I had to mod the cluster abit so it would work. (bypassed the ecu and cluster and just wired the voltage coming from the sensor straight to the motor moving the needle :) US cars should not have this problem.

I might have been able to get the temp gauge working with the ecu too but there are no service manual for the coupe out there ...at least not in english. The one i have is in spanise so no info if the ecu even has a temp input. :thinking:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
do the tl/cl have auto climate control? woulndt that e a issue with accords with manual climate control? also what did you do about the fuse boxes on either side of the dash, since our dashes have the removable panels?

DH48

Reaction score
do the tl/cl have auto climate control? woulndt that e a issue with accords with manual climate control? also what did you do about the fuse boxes on either side of the dash, since our dashes have the removable panels?

Fuesboxes are the same and so are the panels. You can remove the panels on the CL dash just the same as on the accord.

My accord has AUTO setting on the climat control. Yes you cannot control vent mode but that is done on automaticly. You still can use it to blown on the windows and fan speed is set via temp input (if climat control is not on auto) If auto then fan speed is set according to the temp dif inside and the imput temp on the display.

If you dont want to lose the manual climat control then can allways get the non Navi CL/TL dash as that has the same functions as our accords.

I might be able to go to the garage on tuesday so i can take pics of the side panels and how the fuesbox-es are. If you swap the subframe shown in the first post you can see that they are almost identical.

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Fuesboxes are the same and so are the panels. You can remove the panels on the CL dash just the same as on the accord.

My accord has AUTO setting on the climat control. Yes you cannot control vent mode but that is done on automaticly. You still can use it to blown on the windows and fan speed is set via temp input (if climat control is not on auto) If auto then fan speed is set according to the temp dif inside and the imput temp on the display.

If you dont want to lose the manual climat control then can allways get the non Navi CL/TL dash as that has the same functions as our accords.

I might be able to go to the garage on tuesday so i can take pics of the side panels and how the fuesbox-es are. If you swap the subframe shown in the first post you can see that they are almost identical.
Oh okay makes sense. I couldnt tell the panels were like the accords when i first looked at the side pic if the dash

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yet another project that I do not see done often.

Interior looks awesome.

Not sure if it was asked, but do you plan to swap in the whole CL-S interior?

Back